Which rig for pronghorns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe11young

Marksman
Reaction score
Last year I got my pronghorn near Goodwell, OK. It's in the western part of the county, SW of Guymon. Last August I drove around the county scouting for a day before I realized they are in the far western part. As soon as I found a herd, I went to the closest house and asked permission. The land owner said no until I mentioned I would be willing to pay. I ended up paying $100 to for a doe. He had 10,000 acres and a ton of pronghons on it. As I was hunting, I ran into some locals that told me I should have looked harder because there are plenty of people that would have let me hunt a doe for free. All in all it was a good hunt. I stayed at the panhandle campgrounds (580) 338-3784. Guymon has plenty of motels if you don't camp.

kgouker

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey guys I drew out on this hunt in 06. It was a blast. I hunted the Sharp ranch N.W. of Boise city. I payed a fee but shot a 17" goat. Also I recommend the T.C. 280. And if you get hold of the game warden there. I think his name is Russ. He will help you find an antelope. They want these tags filled.

joe11young

Marksman
Reaction score
ai954.photobucket.com_albums_ae30_joe11young_10_4_09PronghornDoe3touchedup.jpg

She checked in at 82 lbs field dressed. Took her with my 270 shooting 150 gr. softpoints at 200 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom