Which safe to buy on black friday? Stack on 64 +4 or Cannon 48?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if guns were charred from heat makes me think their fire rating wasnt very good.

Do you realize how hot house fires get?

And following fire ratings on safes, unless they've changed it since I bought mine, is almost impossible because there is no actual standard.

How much are these two safes?

Honestly, and ymmv, but anything short of 3/16" steel peels open with moderate effort. :/ So if you're really concerned about theft protection, you might consider going with a heavier safe. If it's listed as xx "gauge"... I'd pass.

My safe is about 50"x30"x24" and weighs in around 1000 lbs.

As for hinges, the way the doors lock, I wouldn't be too concerned about internal vs external hinges... because if the door is locked, breaking into the safe isn't as simple as cutting the hinges off...

My biggest regret... not going bigger. Take the size that you think you need... then multiply that by at least 1.5. :)

Any safe will be better than just throwing them under the bed, but depending on the price point and what you're looking for, I'd strongly urge you to look at something a little more substantial.

Also, but a lot of thought into your placement... a "decent" safe placed correctly can make for a pretty dang good security.

Good luck! Don't call me to help move it. :) Trust me, when I sell my house, the safe goes with it!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI, I have an electronic key pad on my Winchester I bought from Atwoods. It is easy to get in and out, but I'd SERIOUSLY recommend a dial safe.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a keypad on mine and I love it. No way I'd go back to a dial. It doesn't look as cool as a dial, but much, much faster, easier and I see no real reason to think they are any less secure than a dial.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a keypad on mine and I love it. No way I'd go back to a dial. It doesn't look as cool as a dial, but much, much faster, easier and I see no real reason to think they are any less secure than a dial.

I will never own another one with the dial. I need to get in touch with Cannon and have them replace the dial on my safe. It has been messed up for quite some time now. I can turn it until it clicks and then lock the dial so it can not be turned. If you shut it and just turn the dial to any number you will spend forever trying to get back into it. I am hoping they can replace the dial with a keypad. Tractor Supply has the 48 gun safe on sale for 699.00 this Friday. I would love to have another one but with Christmas coming up it will have to wait.

AKA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart has a Stack-On at 8:00 am Friday for 497.00. Fireproof and waterproof. Holds 24 guns. It's in their Black Friday ads.
I don't know anything about it, but the ad looks good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom