Which Savage .308?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not the Remington 700 AAC-SD? Cheaper than the savage you listed, and has a 20" barrel with a 1-10 twist. it's also threaded from the factory.

1:10 twist (not 5R), threaded heavy barrel Savage is cheaper than the 700 AAC-SD : 10FPSR-LE

As far as "which Savage" - a close friend of mine came up to me with the same question and we are starting with Hog Hunter.
B&C stock, Farrell base, Warne rings, Vortex scope - I will post build pics in another thread.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1:10 twist (not 5R), threaded heavy barrel Savage is cheaper than the 700 AAC-SD : 10FPSR-LE

As far as "which Savage" - a close friend of mine came up to me with the same question and we are starting with Hog Hunter.
B&C stock, Farrell base, Warne rings, Vortex scope - I will post build pics in another thread.

Wow... Way more options out there than I thought there would be...

Is 5R rifling as good as some make it sound? Looks like now I'm debating between two Savages...

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I was basing the price on the one he had in the first post. But the Savage you listed is $70 cheaper than the Remmy. I personally prefer the Remington, but if the op wants a savage, the one you suggested looks like a good buy.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, I think I am going with the first gun. I like the one Moboost linked, but am intrigued by the 5R rifling, and haven't been able to find anything but good about it online. 1-11.25 rifling isn't bad, since I have a bunch of 168 grain bullets already, as well as 155 Amax's. That gun may be a hair more expensive, but it still leaves enough money for the main two scopes I am considering.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

Which B&C Stock are you using?