Which semi auto?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know we don't need another Glock vs Springfield question here so I wont do it.

So it will be Springfield vs Glock.

Ive got the compact XD 45 but I really am thinking about the Glock 30. Both shot darn good and felt good. I am going to use it for a CCW.

Also, for those of you who do have an XD 45, when your magazines are fully loaded do the shells rattle around in the mag. Both my 13 round and 10 round rattle. When I carry it and walk you can hear them.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, for those of you who do have an XD 45, when your magazines are fully loaded do the shells rattle around in the mag. Both my 13 round and 10 round rattle. When I carry it and walk you can hear them.
NO.
However, I sold my XD45T and went to all Glocks. Not because the XD had problems but because I want all my pistols to feel the same when fired. I did find out one thing if you want an ACCURATE pistol get a Glock 33, totally amazing and I am not the best shot in Oklahoma, but the 33 sure improved my shooting fun, plus easy to carry. IMHO YMMV.

Reaction score
Well I suppose the most important consideration is this: Does your wrist unnaturally cock down toward the ground when you hold your hand out, due to an injury or birth defect? Or were one of your parents perhaps an alien from another planet? If so, then the Glock's unnatural grip angle is the way to go, to compensate for the problem.

Otherwise (non-deformed wrist, non-alien), the answer is clear. Unless it's strictly for shooting at the moon, or at squirrels in trees - that's another use for glocks I guess. :P :D

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are good guns and you should get what works best for you but I would go with the 30sf. I just prefer flocks and the 30 may be one of my favorites. Wish I would never have let go of mine. Very accurate. Good luck.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I suppose the most important consideration is this: Does your wrist unnaturally cock down toward the ground when you hold your hand out, due to an injury or birth defect? Or were one of your parents perhaps an alien from another planet? If so, then the Glock's unnatural grip angle is the way to go, to compensate for the problem.

Otherwise (non-deformed wrist, non-alien), the answer is clear. Unless it's strictly for shooting at the moon, or at squirrels in trees - that's another use for glocks I guess. :P :D

BWAHAHAHA.

That is probably the funniest thing I have read on these forums.

But he is right. The grip angles are different enough that some people have a hard time adjusting back and forth from the Glock angle.

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of mags rattle. Smith and Glock both rattle a bit when loaded. I think it happens because the compression of the spring in a double stack mag allows something to move around and rattle, either the lower rounds or internal mag parts. It's common. I just looked at my G22 mag. The 12th round moves forward and back just less than an eigth of an inch causing a rattle. So there ya have it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom