Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
M

My favorite of yours as well.

I'd be lying if I said that it hasn't made me question my previous thoughts on picking up something from Rolex. It wouldn't be a watch that I'd wear every day, but I wouldn't mind owning an Explorer, Datejust, or OP someday to wear on the weekends. I honestly thought about throwing 4 or 5 of my more expensive firearms, including my SP5K PDW at that NIB Datejust in the classifieds, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd like to have his 14060 as well, but I'm just too paranoid of picking up a Frankenwatch and/or movement to take a chance on a second, third, or fourth hand Sub. Especially one without a box or any documentation.

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be lying if I said that it hasn't made me question my previous thoughts on picking up something from Rolex. It wouldn't be a watch that I'd wear every day, but I wouldn't mind owning an Explorer, Datejust, or OP someday to wear on the weekends. I honestly thought about throwing 4 or 5 of my more expensive firearms, including my SP5K PDW at that NIB Datejust in the classifieds, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'd like to have his 14060 as well, but I'm just too paranoid of picking up a Frankenstein watch and/or movement to take a chance on a second, third, or fourth hand Sub. Especially one without a box or any documentation.
I had the same thoughts on my SMP. I went through AD route to be certain. The more horror stories I read or videos I watched of people getting hosed made me nervous. At the time I couldn't tell a fake vs the real thing.

I would love to have a no date Sub or possibly an Explorer someday. None of the other models do it for me. I'll go the AD route when the time comes.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
C5570AD9-8A69-4739-8BCD-A5106F34E48C.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same thoughts on my SMP. I went through AD route to be certain. The more horror stories I read or videos I watched of people getting hosed made me nervous. At the time I couldn't tell a fake vs the real thing.

I would love to have a no date Sub or possibly an Explorer someday. None of the other models do it for me. I'll go the AD route when the time comes.
Same on both counts. I bought both of my Omegas directly from Omega. It was worth the extra cost to me, but there are deals to be had if you have the knowledge to buy right. I'm not an Omega historian, but I loved the watches so having all the factory documentation, and even the original shipping packaging with Omega's info on it will help if I ever need to sell one in the future (albeit for less money than I paid). A nice DateJust or Submariner would fit nicely in my collection, but I'll need to seriously brush up on my Rolex knowledge before ever pulling the trigger on a used one.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you like Citizen EcoDrives? Not a fan anymore. I had a chronograph I took for repair of a scratched crystal. The watch repair person who is very good said it was "factory only service" and was marked so on the caseback. She sent it to them, they replaced the crystal and sent it back. The internal chapter ring was severely misaligned and the chronograph function no longer worked (it was working when I sent it.) This was over six weeks ago that I sent it back. Got a call from my watch shop this am, and she said that they told her it needs a new movement. The factory broke it and now they want me to pay. I love the watch and it was a gift from my father so it has a lot of sentimental value. My watch repair person will convey the message (they explained that once you open an ecodrive up they are next to impossible to close properly due to a nylon gasket), but Citizen has been totally incompetent on repairs and I will no longer buy a Citizen watch as a result. This may extend to their subsidiaries as well. Shame, really have liked Bulova's offerings as of late, but I have had issues with my Bulova Moonwatch as well. Am I screwed up here or do others feel the same?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you like Citizen EcoDrives? Not a fan anymore. I had a chronograph I took for repair of a scratched crystal. The watch repair person who is very good said it was "factory only service" and was marked so on the caseback. She sent it to them, they replaced the crystal and sent it back. The internal chapter ring was severely misaligned and the chronograph function no longer worked (it was working when I sent it.) This was over six weeks ago that I sent it back. Got a call from my watch shop this am, and she said that they told her it needs a new movement. The factory broke it and now they want me to pay. I love the watch and it was a gift from my father so it has a lot of sentimental value. My watch repair person will convey the message (they explained that once you open an ecodrive up they are next to impossible to close properly due to a nylon gasket), but Citizen has been totally incompetent on repairs and I will no longer buy a Citizen watch as a result. This may extend to their subsidiaries as well. Shame, really have liked Bulova's offerings as of late, but I have had issues with my Bulova Moonwatch as well. Am I screwed up here or do others feel the same?
They probably should give up making watches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom