Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still haven't ran across a better wearing dive watch than an Oris Divers Sixty-Five. It's light, thin, and you won't find a more comfortable bracelet. I'll bet the 36mm version is even better.

20240402_163626.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really like it with that strap.
I like it. It's from a company out of Chicago called Veblenist. The strap is their "Ironwood" model. I thought I'd give the brand a try since they do custom lengths, so I ordered one long enough that I could use it, and I've been impressed. Same good quality as VGreen, although I'm partial to them still.

I actually spoke with VGreen recently and they asked me to become an affiliate partner. I didn't want to bother with that whole mess, so I just asked them to create a discount code that I can give viewers of the channel. They made me a unique code, as well as a link that auto-applies it, and I'll be giving out that code on my next video. Pretty cool of them! I'm still not comfortable with affiliate partnerships, so just giving the discount directly to viewers seemed easier for me. I've agreed not to give out the code or website address until the video is released, so unfortunately I cannot post it here yet. I did just get in the new VGreen strap for the vintage Wakmann triple calendar chrono reverse panda that I'm restoring. It's super nice and is going to look great on that watch when it's done. If DHL will ever deliver my *****ng part order, I can get on with finishing this watch!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@steelfingers if you ever do decide to have the watch gone through and repaired I highly recommend @thor447 to do the work.....he does excellent work plus he's good people to boot.

My VN bring-back watch, that I wore for several years working in VN and other places overseas, was made by Benrus in mid 71' and was in dire need of some TLC inside and out, I gave it to @thor447 to go through back in Nov. 22' and it keeps excellent time now.....the original band is part of it's history and I've decided not to change it.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/watch-rebuild-–-osa-member-owned-–-u-s-contract-pilots-watch-issued-in-vietnam-–-long-post-pic-heavy.345847/

View attachment 464138
Thanks. I just couldn't make me change anything on it. It came off his arm, into a drawer. I would take it out a million times because as a kid, it was such a big thing. I would mention the watch to my brother every time he'd be in on leave for a few tours, but he said it was mine and that was that. The band wore completly apart and like I said it wasn't working and was stopped durring a time where he was at was nearly over ran and he and the rest were retreating as fast as they could just getting to where there was more firepower. He didn't get any awards or do anything special. He, just like his buddies were scared kids running for their lives. He had jumped in a hole and must have banged the watch because it stopped, as best he could guess, was right then. He noticed that morning and was sure it was the reason they were able to get inside the wire. He never tried to change the time so neither did I. That's why he wore two watches. He knew not to mess with a good luck charm.
It's the same shape as it was when it was given to me except I had cleaned the outside.
I think the watch and the story would be cool to be passed down to others in our family and maybe remember a war long ago fought by a bunch of kids, like all wars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom