Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's "real depth"? 200 meters? 300 meters?
To put things in perspective, most folk are limited to 30-40m, while the deepest ever SCUBA dive is something just over 330m. You start breathing hypoxic gas compounds and you are considered deep at circa 60m...

Last edited:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20241003_095645.jpg

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are under 2000 saturation divers in the US. There truly isn't a huge market for them, but people like me keep getting roped into the escape valve and want one, even though the deepest depth I have ever explored in recent times is 12 ft, and that was in a pool. Way back when I did achieve the saturation dive escape valve necessity of 15 - 20 ft in the Great Lakes. I have two divers now with helium escape valves...

I know I had my Doxa Pro for sale a couple of months ago (guess it still sort of is as I keep purchasing too many other things) —

— but I am glad I still have it as I’m so out of shape my jacuzzi tub could give me the bends

mtngunr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I had my Doxa Pro for sale a couple of months ago (guess it still sort of is as I keep purchasing too many other things) —

— but I am glad I still have it as I’m so out of shape my jacuzzi tub could give me the bends
Having a dive watch with a helium valve is simply cool, as having your own Indy car to use for runs to the local convenience store is cool, and no denying it.

And same as 99% of dive watches made and sold never see more water than shower/tub, jet ski, inner tube, kayak or canoe. I haven't done any diving since one of many many MOS changes, and buy divers today simply for visibility, ruggedness, and knowing it likely won't leak. That all was important in the military and still important today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom