White House to Push Gun Control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a decent bet it won't make it thru the House so they can tell all thier liberal friends they tried without any serious backlash at the poll. At least that's what I suspect they are thinking.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it weren't for the information technology we have today, just imagine all the stuff they could sneak past the citizens of the US.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice....

"Meanwhile, the National Rifle Association has stayed largely silent following the Arizona shootings. Asked about a specialized White House effort on guns, a spokesman for the powerful gun lobby declined to comment."

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"But in the next two weeks, the White House will unveil a new gun-control effort in which it will urge Congress to strengthen current laws, which now allow some mentally unstable people, such as alleged Arizona shooter Jared Loughner, to obtain certain assault weapons, in some cases without even a background check."

Wow! Really?! I have a few issues with this ignorant paragraph.
1) "alleged" shooter?! There's no maybe about it that he was the guy!
2) "..allow mentally unstable people to obtain assault weapons..." Do they not get that he lied on the application, and since he had never been checked into a mental facility there was no record of him being mentally unstable?!
3) "...assault weapons..." Talk about bending the truth and fear mongering! He used a semi-automatic pistol! "Assault weapons" is a whole nother topic that I don't even want to get started on!

:explode::soapbox::rant:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet what they are going to try to do is close up the gun show loophole again.

And perhaps declare that there can be no more FTF sales of guns without going through a gun dealer.

Did you notice that new Catch Phrase "Win The Future" "WTF"

Latest posts

Top Bottom