Who has a .460 Weatherby Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah the 1895 was there modern rifle made for smokeless loads, I always thought it was also the ugliest lever gun that Winchester made. I would love to have a model 71 in .348 but there high, even the Browning copies are getting up there.
I been looking for another one of those myself but haven't seen any for sale for years, I built two up in 50 Alaskan, sold one and built another one in 375/348 Improved, it's a hoot to shoot.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I been looking for another one of those myself but haven't seen any for sale for years, I built two up in 50 Alaskan, sold one and built another one in 375/348 Improved, it's a hoot to shoot.
I seen a Browning at the last big Tulsa show, guy had $1500 on it. I really want one of the Big Horn Armory's in .500 Smith but there damn expensive too. Everything cool is high dollar!

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen a Browning at the last big Tulsa show, guy had $1500 on it. I really want one of the Big Horn Armory's in .500 Smith but there damn expensive too. Everything cool is high dollar!
I've got one of their AR-500 Auto Max's, I haven't shot it enough to get it broke in yet but it looks promising so far, I also have a 50 Beouwulf but the Auto Max makes it look like a 38 Special vs a 44 Mag in comparisome, the grand kids like the Beouwulf it's much milder and quite pleasant to shoot.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one of their AR-500 Auto Max's, I haven't shot it enough to get it broke in yet but it looks promising so far, I also have a 50 Beouwulf but the Auto Max makes it look like a 38 Special vs a 44 Mag in comparisome, the grand kids like the Beouwulf it's much milder and quite pleasant to shoot.
Thats basically a .500 S&W with the rim removed isn't it? I seen one at there booth a couple years ago.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet that's a really neat AR
I took it chuck hunting last year just to play around with it and I nailed one on a rock at 83 yards, my buddy who was spotting for me said it looked like I shot a gallon can of spaghetti sauce with small meat balls! I let him try a couple to see if I could watch the "effect" but he's more recoil sensitive than me and just couldn't hold it steady enough. It does have some recoil but not as bad as I'd thought it would be, the butt pad and muzzle brake suck it up pretty good.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before US Repeating Arms (Winchester) bit the dust (sad) a friend and myself was considering buying model 70's in 375 h&h.

I ended Up talking my self outa it cause I have no use for it! I gotta 45/70, that is plenty big enough for me!

😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom