Who has dinned at the Vast at the top of the Devon tower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have friends in Mustang that regularly post photos of their trips to Vast. It's their "go-to" place for special occasions and they rave about it. My wife and I may do it sometime but I'm just not seeing a drive from Tulsa to OKC to spend that kind of money for a meal with a view.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have friends in Mustang that regularly post photos of their trips to Vast. It's their "go-to" place for special occasions and they rave about it. My wife and I may do it sometime but I'm just not seeing a drive from Tulsa to OKC to spend that kind of money for a meal with a view.

The Tulsa Mahogany is WAY BETTER than the OKC one!!

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went opening week. The view was fanatastic at night, the food was great, and the drinks were overpriced. It's a great experience like any other specialty place...you go for the experience and the "I've been there" comment. Vast has nothing on Signature Grill in Edmond as far as food goes, but Vast has the view and you are paying for it.

I can go to SG in Edmond, spend less than $80 and go home with muh belly full and it's 5 mins away. Go to Vast, spend $180, get a fanatastic view and you'll still have a full belly...it's all good brotha!

I say go once!

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I dined there for our anniversary last Friday. I wanted to find out what others thought before I wrote my review.

For The Beginning

My wife had

Maine lobster Ravioli
Beer-battered claws,
Tahitian vanilla bean–uni butter sauce
$15.

She said she could have had a double of it for the whole supper, I tried it and felt it was very good.

I had

Duck Charcuterie
Duck confit en croute, duck breast proscuitto,
horseradish mustard, tart cherry compote,
red onion marmalade, baguette
$18.

I felt it was good, my wife would not touch it, because of the smell.

LIGHT & SAVORY

we each had

Butter Lettuce
Creamy Cambozola vinaigrette,
oven-roasted tomatoes, chives,
barbecue candied bacon
$11. x 2

I am no chef, but it just looked like a head of lettuce he cut a section out and put some dressing on top of that section. My wife and I felt it was good.

For the ENTRÉE

My wife had

Roast Pork Loin Roulade
Tart cherry, fennel, pecan, fontina,
spring mushroom risotto, Chianti reduction
$32.

My wife like it, I tried it and felt it was good.

I had

Pan-Roasted Diver Scallops
Lobster & Boursin, carrot-cardamom puree,
passion fruit beurre blanc, braised fennel
$34.

This consisted of 3 Scallops stuffed with a lobster paste. I felt it was good, my wife would not try it.

My wife had a glass of

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc / Viognier, California $12. glass

She had no comment

I had

Bitter Julep
Bourbon, Campari, Pinot Noir, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, mint
$11.

Which was different, and I liked it

For dessert my wife had

Cherry-raisin bread pudding
sweet potato, bourbon caramel
$8.

She tries bread pudding at almost every restaurant she goes to and rated this a 2 on a scale of 1-10.

I do not remember what I had for dessert, it was a special, and it did not impress me.

We had made reservations
The view was great, we sat at a window, I am sure it would have been better at night.

The service was top notch.

The water smelt and tasted fishy like it came from an aquarium.

Maybe I am used to restaurants where the portions are bigger, and you leave stuffed. The portions were very small, like you are just getting a taste of the food not a complete meal.

The food I ate was top notch, my wife liked everything except the bread pudding.

Was it worth $200. including the tip. Yes, if you are a person who eats like a bird and two mouth fulls fills you up. It has excellent service, excellent aveonche, excellent view, and excellent food.

If you are a person who eats at a Buffet (as my wife calls them troofs), Mexican, Italian, or most Oklahoma restaurants, the Vast is not for you.

Parking is $5. if you park it yourself, or $10. for valet service to park it for you, I do not let anyone park my vehicle after seeing Ferris Bueller's Day off.

Everyone should experience the Vast once, just to say you have been there. Just like everyone should experience Mark's Firearms at least once, so that I will have enough money to take my wife to Vast next time she asks. LOL

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been there 3 times. Very good food, great view, great service. Limited menu which you would expect at a place like this. Pricey, but within reason for a place like this. Small portions which you would also expect at a place like this.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $50 (considerably less than what Vast charges), I will put any one of you and your significant other on the roof of my house and pass you up some delicious sandwiches. You'll have a great view, wonderful food and an experience you won't forget. Reservations would be required.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For $50 (considerably less than what Vast charges), I will put any one of you and your significant other on the roof of my house and pass you up some delicious sandwiches. You'll have a great view, wonderful food and an experience you won't forget. Reservations would be required.

LOL, I lived on the 9th floor of a building that was the second tallest in town at one point. My kitchen table sat right next to the windows where I could eat and enjoy the view. After a couple weeks it got really old looking at the same view but I always left that table stuffed. I would put it over any 200.00 meal. I wonder if I could rent a table for ten bucks and bring my own meal?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you guys are going to take your wife out for burgers on your 25th anniversary?

Its about the night. The experience of doing something to please her. The ambiance. Getting out in public in anything but camo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom