Who is taking a kid turkey hunting this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm taking my nephew for his first turkey hunt. I've been scouting birds early this week and when I went out to put up the blind this afternoon, there were 3 toms and several hens hanging out in the shade under the tree I wanted to put it under. I just drove up to them and waited till they walked off. I called my brother to tell him and he could hear them gobbling on my cell phone. This is the kid that killed a coyote with his .22 this summer. He has been hunting with his dad several times but this is his first time to get to shoot. He will be using my dad's .410 Mossberg bolt action. We need to have the bird inside 20 yrds. Hope some more of you are taking kids.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_EvansCoyote.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not only do I have no kids to take, my turkey hunting area has a pipeline crew in there right now putting a 16" line under the river. They have been burying line for a month coming up to the place, and this weekend will be drilling under the river. So, my turkey seasons sux right now. I refuse to hunt Kaw.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only do I have no kids to take, my turkey hunting area has a pipeline crew in there right now putting a 16" line under the river. They have been burying line for a month coming up to the place, and this weekend will be drilling under the river. So, my turkey seasons sux right now. I refuse to hunt Kaw.
Obama worked pretty quick, ha ha.
Imhtn, good for ya for taking a kid hunting. I am trying to set up a fishing trip after another member here takes a young man turkey hunting.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Taking my daughter this weekend. Looks like it will be warm and windy. Wind is the best kid camo there is. She shot a nice bird last year, she want's to do the calling this year, so she's got her a box call to try.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Okla Youth Hunting Program is taking 20 children this weekend on their first turkey hunt. I have a few birds located for my young hunter. He has shown that he is a dead eye shot with his 20 ga. too. He is good to go. If he is lucky he will bag a bird in the morning and we can spend the rest of the day catching bass.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids are too old, so I'm taking my cousin's son out. I've got a few scouted out so hopefully we can have a repeat of last year. One bird on the ground, lots of perch caught, and one happy teenager.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My boy has a baseball tournament this weekend, so we'll have to wait until next Saturday. He has been bugging me about it since the 1st of March. I took him fishing every weekend, but all he talks about in the boat is hunting turkey. I've created a monster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom