Who is taking a kid turkey hunting this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got the nephew close to one this morning and he knocked it down with his .410 but it got up and ran before we could get on it and when he bolted the gun to shoot it again, it did not load and he clicked on an empty chamber. We had a good adventure though and I popped a coyote with the .223 and he thought that was great. He made us drag it to the truck so he could show it off to his cousins.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was able to take my young hunter out yesterday. Hunting was tough, but I managed to get a nice tom with a 10in beard to within 20yrds. Lets just say turkey fever hit him hard. He had to watch the bird gobble and strut for 10 min before it came within range. By the time it was in range we were both a wreck and shaking like crazy.

We still had a blast and caught a ton of perch.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to take my young hunter out yesterday. Hunting was tough, but I managed to get a nice tom with a 10in beard to within 20yrds. Lets just say turkey fever hit him hard. He had to watch the bird gobble and strut for 10 min before it came within range. By the time it was in range we were both a wreck and shaking like crazy.

We still had a blast and caught a ton of perch.

He will remember that adventure for a long time! Good on you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom