Who is using a Holosun SCS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago from @carready since he had the best price with shipping than anywhere I could find. It's the first time I've had a dot on a normal pistol and have yet to shoot it so my experience is severely limited, but just playing with it around the house, I like it. Everyone I've talked to said it is a learning experience to get used to using one and said the best way is to bring it up like you're using the iron sights instead of trying to "find the dot". On the scs it seems a little easier with the circle reticle as you can see the edge of the circle and adjust your sight picture faster. Mounting it was easy though the tiny screws were a little challenging to get started with gorilla mits. Lol. Without the use of an adapter plate the factory low sights are still able to be co-witnessed. I like how holosun blended the side of the dot to match the serrations of the slide. @PanhandleGlocker helped me decide in getting mine so hopefully he'll chime in soon.
20221210_164159.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago from @carready since he had the best price with shipping than anywhere I could find. It's the first time I've had a dot on a normal pistol and have yet to shoot it so my experience is severely limited, but just playing with it around the house, I like it. Everyone I've talked to said it is a learning experience to get used to using one and said the best way is to bring it up like you're using the iron sights instead of trying to "find the dot". On the scs it seems a little easier with the circle reticle as you can see the edge of the circle and adjust your sight picture faster. Mounting it was easy though the tiny screws were a little challenging to get started with gorilla mits. Lol. Without the use of an adapter plate the factory low sights are still able to be co-witnessed. I like how holosun blended the side of the dot to match the serrations of the slide. @PanhandleGlocker helped me decide in getting mine so hopefully he'll chime in soon.
View attachment 332476
Nice! Keep us updated on how it works out for you.

It seems like a great choice for double stack Glocks. I saw where they are also making them for a few other brands now.

I would be real tempted to get one but all my Glocks right now are the slimline version.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few weeks ago, I helped with the GSSF Red Dirt shootout and there were 2 that came through our booth. Spoke with both guys for a few minutes during downtime and they had nothing but good things to say.

One of them let me run it over to the safe zone and check it out. The grooves didn't match 100%, but that was my only negative. Man it sits low on the slide and I love it. It's like an RMR that was milled super low on a 2011.

If durability holds up on it, Holosun has a win.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I each have one and will probably get a couple more. Mine is on a Gen 5-19 MOS. Hers is on a Gen 5-26 MOS. IDK where she got that pistol from, but she did. We have seen them in the hands of GLOCK reps, finally she got to shoot the 26 MOS and that was it! She HAD to have one.

Luckily I had an extra scs that I picked up to mount on her new pistol.

They work just great! I did put the GLOCK steel front and rear sights on those two pistols, and a - connector. Bit that’s it.

Just about any pistol that we carry has some type rds on it. All my carry pistols do.

No battery to worry about, absolute co witness of stock sights and durable as all get out. We took 507-C models to an MOS operators course and ran the snot out of them. They hold up well. I have just over 2500 rounds with the 19 with the scs on it and it runs fine. Racking it off a belt or holster doing immediate action drills, holding its zero etc.

Green is the color optic you should get if you want one. I wouldn’t hesitate to run anything from them. They just work well!

Regards,

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Few weeks ago, I helped with the GSSF Red Dirt shootout and there were 2 that came through our booth. Spoke with both guys for a few minutes during downtime and they had nothing but good things to say.

One of them let me run it over to the safe zone and check it out. The grooves didn't match 100%, but that was my only negative. Man it sits low on the slide and I love it. It's like an RMR that was milled super low on a 2011.

If durability holds up on it, Holosun has a win.
Thanks for working the match! One we will make it to some day. We did 13 last year, The Princess was on fire. She won 5 pistols this last year. She’s going to give me 4 of them!

I believe Ricky Howell is a member of that club. A good guy, he’s made it over our way to several matches!

Regards,

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much what Glockisgood17 said.

I don’t have a ton of rounds down my G45MOS yet with it mounted. I still have a few issues getting sight picture but that will get better the more I run it.

As far as my Astigmatism goes the Holosun reticle does not look all screwed up for me which is a plus.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much what Glockisgood17 said.

I don’t have a ton of rounds down my G45MOS yet with it mounted. I still have a few issues getting sight picture but that will get better the more I run it.

As far as my Astigmatism goes the Holosun reticle does not look all screwed up for me which is a plus.
I believe the astigmatism issue is an exaggerated thing by those that aren’t willing to put the effort into “learning” how to use an optic mounted. Face it, people are lazy, shooters as much as anyone. They think that a rds will help them when as a shooter they suck!

Shooting a rds is completely different than open sights. Any good academy will be teaching you to shoot both eyes open which is something you should do with an rds. There are techniques to learning how to find the dot, but it’s takes training yourself how to do it correctly.

When done correctly there isn’t a faster or more accurate way to shoot. But again who is going to put in the time and effort to learn it correctly? A very small minority of shooters, but they will reap the benefits for sure.
Regards,

Edit for spellcheck error. “Should do with an rds!”

Attachments

• 253F8650-DFAE-4345-AA9A-FEEB826AE85A.jpeg
    253F8650-DFAE-4345-AA9A-FEEB826AE85A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • D0DEEC7D-B190-4DF1-B4B0-D546116B49F9.jpeg
    D0DEEC7D-B190-4DF1-B4B0-D546116B49F9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • CFA66276-525C-4BC0-804A-7B612B033326.jpeg
    CFA66276-525C-4BC0-804A-7B612B033326.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I believe the astigmatism issue is an exaggerated thing by those that aren’t willing to put the effort into “learning” how to use an optic mounted. Face it, people are lazy, shooters as much as anyone. They think that a rds will help them when as a shooter they suck!

Shooting a rds is completely different than open sights. Any good academy will be teaching you to shoot both eyes open which is something you shouldn’t do with an rds. There are techniques to learning how to find the dot, but it’s takes training yourself how to do it correctly.

When done correctly there isn’t a faster or more accurate way to shoot. But again who is going to put in the time and effort to learn it correctly? A very small minority of shooters, but they will reap the benefits for sure.
Regards,

So people with astigmatisms are just lazy shooters. Lol Wut.

Paralyzed people just don’t like walking probably too.

Most red dot sights look like a starburst to my eyes. Had a few on AR’s and couldn’t use them because the dot was all screwed up to my eyes.

I laughed my a** off at that first paragraph. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom