Who is using a Holosun SCS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 332854View attachment 332855
Not mine, but the owner should weigh in soon with his opinion of the optic
I like the fit, height and look. It’s a little more subtle with the branding than their other rds. The green dot is nice and crisp and the solar is cool as long as it holds up and works correctly.
I basically swapped the optics and put it into a safe out of the sunlight when I got it months ago..just pulled it out and the dot was nice and bright. I haven’t shot with it yet but have yet to have a problem with any Holosun optics I’ve owned.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the astigmatism issue is an exaggerated thing by those that aren’t willing to put the effort into “learning” how to use an optic mounted. Face it, people are lazy, shooters as much as anyone. They think that a rds will help them when as a shooter they suck!

Shooting a rds is completely different than open sights. Any good academy will be teaching you to shoot both eyes open which is something you shouldn’t do with an rds. There are techniques to learning how to find the dot, but it’s takes training yourself how to do it correctly.

When done correctly there isn’t a faster or more accurate way to shoot. But again who is going to put in the time and effort to learn it correctly? A very small minority of shooters, but they will reap the benefits for sure.
Regards,
LOL, no.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the astigmatism issue is an exaggerated thing by those that aren’t willing to put the effort into “learning” how to use an optic mounted. Face it, people are lazy, shooters as much as anyone. They think that a rds will help them when as a shooter they suck!

Shooting a rds is completely different than open sights. Any good academy will be teaching you to shoot both eyes open which is something you shouldn’t do with an rds. There are techniques to learning how to find the dot, but it’s takes training yourself how to do it correctly.

When done correctly there isn’t a faster or more accurate way to shoot. But again who is going to put in the time and effort to learn it correctly? A very small minority of shooters, but they will reap the benefits for sure.
Regards,

As someone who has a bit of astigmatism, you just need to stop talking, because it's coming out of the wrong end.

Also, nobody worth their salt teaches students to NOT use both eyes with a red dot.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And how do you like it?
I’ve been running one on my G45 GSSF MOS competition gun. I have about 5-6 matches on it. I also daily carried it about 3 weeks. I like it a lot. A whole lot. Enough that I’m building a new carry gun that will get one.

Right now I daily carry my GSSF Unlimited gun that I have been using just over a year. It has a custom milled slide with a 509T. The new daily carry will be identical except for the slide/optic combo. It will have the SCS on it. Then I’ll swap back and forth at the matches a bit to see which one actually runs the best for me.
The 509T prints slightly more when brushing up against something and pulling the shirt taught. Nothing 99.9% would notice. Both have a very similar dot over bore height. The green can sure stand out a bit better in some bright light conditions.

The SCS is by far the best secured optic using screws that I have seen. Directly into the slide and it fits the slide very well. Next best thing to a direct rail like the 509T or acro P mounting styles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom