Whos going out with the muzzleloader

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the whole week off and plan on hunting the entire time. However looking at the long term weather forecast I am less than excited. Lows in the 60's and highs in the 80's tells me it maybe one of those slow years with the front stuffer. Usually have my best luck when its dipping into the 40's at night for that season.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm off opening weekend and last three days next week. May hunt Saturday and Sunday mornings. This full moon and 80 degree thing is killing daytime movement in my area. I'm working nights right now and may take a nap Thursday, check trail cams and how hunt the evening, see what the cameras show.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Weather looks blah, but I'll be out every chance I can. Hoping to fill my buck tag before Saturdaywhile it's cool though, wishful thinking :)

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's muzzle loader time? time to stalk some deer .. but with weather so warm it just doesn't feel right.

with modern inline muzzle loaders .. accuracy and effective range is darn near same as rifle.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sticking with my crossbow this time. Don't want to pay 40.00 for tags when I'll only get to hunt it 2 days and the weather looks warm. Good luck!!!!

As I said in another post, I'm doing the same and sticking with my crossbow, but if it was only 40 bucks for me, I'd be hunting with my smoke(less) pole, but I'm not spending another $283 for a couple or three days hunting.:screwy:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I said in another post, I'm doing the same and sticking with my crossbow, but if it was only 40 bucks for me, I'd be hunting with my smoke(less) pole, but I'm not spending another $283 for a couple or three days hunting.:screwy:

That's what you get for living on the wrong side of the river!:blush::bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom