Who's packin' a PPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who's got 'em? Who's shot 'em? Who's packin' one right now, and what do you think of them compared to the p99c?

I've put my hands on one of these a while back and liked it pretty well but already had a 9mm Kahr as a CCW. However, I've gone and got myself a curious case of (Glock 'em) Down Syndrome and am on the hunt for something new. Would like to hear some opinions from the OSA crowd rather that all the "It's the greatest gun since the one last week!" reviews or the "I heard somebody's frame exploded after 5 shots and walther won't fix it." one's that are seemingly the only thing you find with Google anymore.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got one, it's a nice thin gun for CCW. Mine has worked 100% and is quite accurate for such a compact pistol. Very happy with mine.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just sold one. Let me just say I don't like small guns. And now that we can open carry, I've sold all my small stuff. With that said, of all the small guns I've shot, the Walther PPS was my favorite for a small CCW. Very easy to conceal. Never had 1 problem with it. For a small carry, I don't think it can be beat.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one in 40. With the pinky extension on the mag it is actually enjoyable to shoot. For a small as it is I would think it would have been just for carry and only shoot it to proof out the pistol for carry. Not true. It is accurate and has a great trigger for the type of gun it is. You won't be a dissapointed owner.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 9mm PPS. Love it, except that it shoots 6 inches low at 7 yards. Groups well, centered horizontally, just low. My PPQ using the same sight picture is dead on, so it's not me. I'm going to see if I can get that fixed once WaltherUSA has settled in.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DaveK talked me into getting mine - I love it.

The only problem I've had was one of grip-adjustment in that sometimes the slide wouldn't stay back on the last round. Turns out, upon closer examination - I was actually holding my strong-side hand's thumb high enough that it was on the slide-stop.

Super Thin light-weight gun with a very ergonomic grip. If you like/can-get-used-to the German ambi-mag release, it's perfect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom