I lost my job to a YouTube prank channel called okcpranks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowboy777

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a YouTube "prankster" who got ventilated earlier this year doing another stupid intimidation "prank." You'd think that would be a deterrent, but I guess morons gonna moron.
That guy was found not guilty of aggravated assault w/weapon and attempt but was found guilty of discharging a firearm in public. He’s still in jail because USCCA dropped in over the guilty discharge verdict.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please do not look for or harass my former employer. They all did their best to keep me hired. They would have to violate their insurance agreements to keep me hired. My former manager is helping me to the best of their abilities and they don’t deserve any flak for this.
I beg to differ. Businesses that act unjustly to protect their own interests should be shunned, publicly ridiculed and denounced loudly to the entire world!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Businesses that act unjustly to protect their own interests should be shunned, publicly ridiculed and denounced loudly to the entire world!
The fight isn’t with the business, it’s with the insurance carrier and the legal system. The business can’t afford to be without insurance in this overly-litigious society, so they’re pretty much stuck with the terms the insurance carrier wants to throw in there.

It might be worthwhile to lobby the Legislature to prohibit insurance carriers from including those anti-gun clauses or to push through some of tort reform that shields the business in the event that an employee uses force in self defense (rendering those clauses moot), but shaming a business over a policy that they very likely don’t want isn’t a winning strategy, IMHO.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fight isn’t with the business, it’s with the insurance carrier and the legal system. The business can’t afford to be without insurance in this overly-litigious society, so they’re pretty much stuck with the terms the insurance carrier wants to throw in there.

It might be worthwhile to lobby the Legislature to prohibit insurance carriers from including those anti-gun clauses or to push through some of tort reform that shields the business in the event that an employee uses force in self defense (rendering those clauses moot), but shaming a business over a policy that they very likely don’t want isn’t a winning strategy, IMHO.
This. You can't shame an insurance company into doing the right thing. They have to be forced to do the right thing. :(

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What did the business do that's "unjust". I'm assuming (all these things): A) they have a written policy that prohibits employees from carrying firearms at work, B) this is a requirement of the insurance carrier, C) the business informs employees of this policy, and, D) violation of the policy by an employee will result in the termination of the employee.

You may not like that but it's hardly "unjust". It's the price of admission to work there and working there is strictly a voluntary thing. You agree to their terms or look for work elsewhere.

I have no problem with a business acting in their best interests. I do the same thing...as you most likely do, too.

Not only that, but the OP seems to be parting on very good terms with the other employees of the business, including the manager, and have said they're very sympathetic with his position. He politely requested no one attempt to harass the business. No one should have an issue respecting his wishes here.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem is the corrupt world we live in and the values some don’t agree with and we’re raised that success is have much stuff you have….. Sad.

Not rich but I’ll never have to work again, although I enjoy working so who knows. Seems I’m being recruited for a $10 an hour job I may take because I love the crowd.

you start some BS don’t be surprised that someone else corrects your error IMO

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matt. 6:19-21)

Latest posts

Top Bottom