Members who just want arms list, should I be bothered? Classifieds gripe…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suspect if you cashed the check it would have caused more problems for you. Had a girl in Virginia have a similar check and navy fed didn't help her like you'd think they would.
I wasn't saying armslist is better than this. I haven't been here long enough to make an opinion. I will say since armslist started charging for membership, it's gotten much better. I used to take down scam ads multiple times a day. I haven't had to in a long time. Now scam profiles that ask to ship to a different state, at least once a week. But they are usually really easy to spot. IP from the Philippines or other countries, bad English etc.

Knowing it was SCAM, I wouldn't take it to bank.
S-i-L (never accused of being overly bright) wanted to take it to Alibabba"s conveniece store, cheque's cashing and weed emporium.
That I did consider, for about 2 seconds.

BrassGoblin

Marksman
Reaction score
@BrassGoblin. We eliminated requirements to use the classifieds not too long before AL began charging. We were bombarded by one time posters in the classifieds, unattended ads, ghosting complaintsetc(and we think it’s bad now). We then implement being a member for 60 days and have 50 posts. Many of the issues stopped at that point.
However, we still see a trend of flakiness especially since Covid days.
There is also a pay option to use the classifieds immediately with unlimited ads
Yep I'm just in that "discovery" phase right now. Never been a part of a forum. So just trying it out. I've already met 2 guys and both were awesome. I agree with the measures taken with new members.
Now scammers are just annoying. I mess with them. Tell them I'll accept a money order if they call me. Then hours later when they finally call me and can't speak English or very broken I hang up. Mutual time wasted, but I don't have a boss. Now what annoys me are prices. I had a guy contact me on AL asking to trade. I had mine well below new price. He hits me with his trade value and I'm like where is this guy getting his value? Ask him some questions and he says he "purposely inflates trade value", and in this case it was about 200 over MSRP. Gave him a polite exit to the conversation. Maybe he's in here. But it's a problem I see often. So far I've seen good prices here and look forward to adding to them. Long reply sorry lol

Support Dev

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am just now seeing this thread, since it is not in the Support forum for forum issues. I've read through page 3, and have asked the mods to give me a short version of the issue. We may be able to redo the feedback system once I understand what the issue is.

I do plan to go back to page 3 and read through the other 6 pages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom