Why must the AR-15 be so fun to build???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished building one with my nephew while watching the Rose Bowl. I gave him a FBT Anderson stripped lower for his birthday back in August, and gave him a CMMG/PSA build kit for Christmas. He is one happy camper! When we finished, he mentioned saving for an upper, but what he doesn't know is that I already ordered one from PSA and it should arrive tomorrow. I'll let him borrow it when he comes over to shoot with me, and eventually I'll let him know that it's all his.

It's a good thing he was here to help, cause the dadgum takedown detente pin fell out while I was installing the buffer tube. Didn't realize it until we tried to mate the lower to one of my uppers to do a function check. I looked and looked for it, and he found it while I was digging around for a flashlight.

The CMMG LPK was great, and I really appreciated the parts list and how they separate the parts into different colored baggies. The trigger was a really pleasant surprise--no creep or grit, and broke cleanly at around 6.25#.

All in all, a great night spent watching football and building an AR with my nephew.

Good job on getting another one hooked!!

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished building one with my nephew while watching the Rose Bowl. I gave him a FBT Anderson stripped lower for his birthday back in August, and gave him a CMMG/PSA build kit for Christmas. He is one happy camper! When we finished, he mentioned saving for an upper, but what he doesn't know is that I already ordered one from PSA and it should arrive tomorrow. I'll let him borrow it when he comes over to shoot with me, and eventually I'll let him know that it's all his.

It's a good thing he was here to help, cause the dadgum takedown detente pin fell out while I was installing the buffer tube. Didn't realize it until we tried to mate the lower to one of my uppers to do a function check. I looked and looked for it, and he found it while I was digging around for a flashlight.

The CMMG LPK was great, and I really appreciated the parts list and how they separate the parts into different colored baggies. The trigger was a really pleasant surprise--no creep or grit, and broke cleanly at around 6.25#.

All in all, a great night spent watching football and building an AR with my nephew.
facebook-like-icon.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom