Why we can't have nice things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So against my better judgement I went out to Red Castle this afternoon. I headed straight for the smallbore range and there is some guy banging away on the .22 silhouettes with a Beretta CX9, I don't know if it was a 9mm, 40 or 45. I looked around for the guy that did my orientation in January and did not find him, when I got back the guy was gone. I just shook my head.

I decide to go over to the pistol range and am waiting for a break in the shooting to post my targets and everyone stops shooting and before anyone calls the line cold some guy goes forward of the line. I just shook my head.

So I head over to the plinking range after that and there are two guys to my left that I am keeping one eye on the whole time, sure enough when the line is called cold and I go forward to set up some cans etc. When I turned around these 2 guys are thumbing rounds in magazines and handling various other equipment. I wasn't in the mood to shake my head anymore so I just came on home.

The majority of members are responsible shooters but it only takes one assclown to ruin it for everyone.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So against my better judgement I went out to Red Castle this afternoon. I headed straight for the smallbore range and there is some guy banging away on the .22 silhouettes with a Beretta CX9, I don't know if it was a 9mm, 40 or 45. I looked around for the guy that did my orientation in January and did not find him, when I got back the guy was gone. I just shook my head.

I decide to go over to the pistol range and am waiting for a break in the shooting to post my targets and everyone stops shooting and before anyone calls the line cold some guy goes forward of the line. I just shook my head.

So I head over to the plinking range after that and there are two guys to my left that I am keeping one eye on the whole time, sure enough when the line is called cold and I go forward to set up some cans etc. When I turned around these 2 guys are thumbing rounds in magazines and handling various other equipment. I wasn't in the mood to shake my head anymore so I just came on home.

The majority of members are responsible shooters but it only takes one assclown to ruin it for everyone.

You can't top off your magazines while people are down range? I always thought you just were not supposed to touch your gun. I am just asking.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At my club you can't be handling any of your equipment and have to step back from the line when the line is cold. I like this arrangement as there are some really stupid things that occur. One thing that I think is a bit "overboard" is you can't bring your cased guns to the line while the range is cold.

OicnaiC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't have a problem with reloading mags while the range is cold if you're familiar and comfortable with everyone around. However as a courtesy to others I try not to do it around "strangers" (for lack of a better term) as it would make me a bit nervous myself. Whether or not you're really supposed to do so I think depends on the specific range rules.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was just curious. The rules of the range would be the guideline. When I go to the range, I am always on a bay by myself or people I know and I don't have to worry about strangers.

Always better safe than sorry, thats for sure!

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't top off your magazines while people are down range? I always thought you just were not supposed to touch your gun. I am just asking.

If I knew it was just mags I would have no problem but the rule is there because if you are topping off mags you are standing right there with the weapon too and you are just one brainfart away from a hot weapon with someone downrange.

Latest posts

Top Bottom