Wife picks her carry gun, Beretta Tomcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went gun shopping with the wife yesterday to buy her carry gun. At first I was thinking revolver because she has arthritic hands and has a real problem racking slides on my autos. She fondled several small revolvers including a Ruger LCR but almost as soon as she saw the little Beretta Tomcat and discovered she didn't need to rack the slide to load it she was sold. She didn't care for the width of the revolvers nor the double action triggers.

She can load the magazine on her Tomcat, flip the barrel up, put the 8th round in and carry it cocked and locked. She likes the single action trigger and is practicing presenting while flipping the safety and getting off 3 fast shots. Glad I'm not the silhouette, she is hitting a little high but still within the center of mass.

Comparing it to my KelTec P3AT, it weighs a tad more, is a bit wider but is actually about 1/4 inch shorter. I like everything about her choice cept wished it was a 380 instead of a 32. That being said I shot a CorBon 32 JHP into a couple gallon water jugs and was truly impressed. Classic mushroom, bullet almost turned inside out. Exploded the first milk jug and was in the second, neglected to look and see if it dimpled the back of the second jug but it sure made a big hole going in.

I like it so well I may sell my P3AT and pick up another one for a backup to my P11.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blued or INOX? I like the Bobcats and Tomcats, they are fine for very close range. The Tomcat does SOMETIMES develop a crack on the frame inner rails, more often in the blued. Sweet little guns!

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neighbors daughter had a home invasion last year. Unfortunately for the bad guy his daughter had her Berretta Tomcat handy. 3 shots (Silvertips) one bad guy down. Not dead...but not moving either.
Great little gun!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom