Wild Boar Shot in Mill Creek, Ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy shot this Boar in a town that's about 8 miles from my place it weighed 558 lbs & was 6' 1" long with around 5" cutters on July 27 2009 on a ranch in Mill Creek, Ok.
It had some small cutters for such a big Boar but I bet they were wore down pretty good. I still wouldn't want to have a show down with him without a good gun handy!:yikes2:

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Animals_WildHog.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know the person that shot this hog ouhunter? Just curious on more details, mainly the ranch. That's getting into the "not actually wild but pen raised" size of hog, so I am always skeptical.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't actually know the guy but I know were the ranch is. Never heard of this ranch pen raising them but I'm always skeptical as well when I hear or see picture's like that. This one was in a local paper. I shot a boar in front of my house 3 yrs ago that weighed little over 400 lbs with 6 1/2" cutter now he was a monster but most of them I shoot on my place weigh in the 350 or less range. I've shot 16 from my front porch in the last 3 years.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know the person that shot this hog ouhunter? Just curious on more details, mainly the ranch. That's getting into the "not actually wild but pen raised" size of hog, so I am always skeptical.

+1

Usually anytime I hear "large hog" along with "ranch" I kind of shrug it off. I'm interested in hearing more details as well.

lcunningham

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do get that big, but also people raise them for others to shoot. Kinda like high fence deer hunts. It's pathetic when someone shows off a high fence deer and how proud they are to have killed it.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that ranch has protein/deer feeders year around so that could be one reason for the size. My cousins son deer hunts on land close to that ranch so as far as feeding them up then letting someone hunt them I know that's not happening but as far as keeping corn and other food out year around so they don't have to hustle now that could be the case.
On my place I have 3 groups of sows, 1 group has around 25 adults one sow has a white patch on her shoulder, 1 group has around 45 to 50 adults one sow is a redish tint and the other group has 60 to 65 adults all soild black. In front of my house is a little over 100 acre hay meadow that's outlined with a creek (Delaware Creek) so after a good rain or when the hogs decide to move back into that field I will let them hang out for a while to see if any sows are in heat. I have seen some huge boars come in to check the groups to see if any are in heat. One boar I've been after is huge and long legged and that 'ol boy can flat run. That's were I pratice my distance shooting 300 yrd, 400 yrd shots. Then they start coming out 800 to 1000 yrds so that's when I get my staking prattice in but after you shoot a few of them they want come back for a while. The summer I want hunting much in the woods but winter I will as long as it's not during deer season. I'm surrounded by over 2000+ acres and some of it's pretty rough going.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that ranch has protein/deer feeders year around so that could be one reason for the size. My cousins son deer hunts on land close to that ranch so as far as feeding them up then letting someone hunt them I know that's not happening but as far as keeping corn and other food out year around so they don't have to hustle now that could be the case.
On my place I have 3 groups of sows, 1 group has around 25 adults one sow has a white patch on her shoulder, 1 group has around 45 to 50 adults one sow is a redish tint and the other group has 60 to 65 adults all soild black. In front of my house is a little over 100 acre hay meadow that's outlined with a creek (Delaware Creek) so after a good rain or when the hogs decide to move back into that field I will let them hang out for a while to see if any sows are in heat. I have seen some huge boars come in to check the groups to see if any are in heat. One boar I've been after is huge and long legged and that 'ol boy can flat run. That's were I pratice my distance shooting 300 yrd, 400 yrd shots. Then they start coming out 800 to 1000 yrds so that's when I get my staking prattice in but after you shoot a few of them they want come back for a while. The summer I want hunting much in the woods but winter I will as long as it's not during deer season. I'm surrounded by over 2000+ acres and some of it's pretty rough going.

Man if I had that at my disposal I'd never be home. I'd constantly be out after those hogs pushing them all over 2k acres.

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ripnbst, I do stay on them pretty hard but when they get along the creek it's pretty woolly with all the bamboo growing along the banks, it's so thick you can't see 5' in front of you and it's 7' to 8' tall. The Sows will bite the bamboo off about 6" to 8" above the ground in a big circle they will bite the about 6" to 8" of the tip off and use that to build a nest under some fallen tree limbs. Talk about spooky is pushing through that bamboo not being able to see very good then all of a sudden you come across about a 10' x 12' clearing like that. LOL I've been charged by a few smaller boars bluffing but I sure wouldn't want to slip throught there and walk up on a sow with her piglets. I would be in some serious trouble if she saw me first! So when they hang up in that bamboo I leave them alone for a while. Here are a few picture's of the view from my front porch: Some are summer and some winter
ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Land_DSCN0204.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Land_DSCN0202.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Land_DSCN0203.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Land_DSCN0892.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Land_DSCN0893.jpg

ai734.photobucket.com_albums_ww346_ouhunter2506_Land_DSCN0896.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom