Wild? dogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a few local dogs, no collars. One is semi-friendly the rest spook easily. Possibly left over after an old man down the road died a few months ago. Problem is they are now starting to chase/harass deer in the woods on my property, experienced this this morning. Bumped a young buck, he ran about twenty yards and stopped, could still see his white tail flipping in the brush. Then buck-o suddenly bolts back towards me with dogs barking and in pursuit.

Would like to not have to shoot the dogs. Is there an effective easy way to trap these dogs or am I going to have to be ugly about it? (Wife and I are a bit mushy about animals.)

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had 5 feral dogs that chewed thru chain link and dismembered several cats. The cats never had a chance. I am not particularly a cat lover but no animal deserves to die the way the cats did.The dogs came at me jumping up on their hind legs and barking at me agresively. That was a mistake. They then took off. Dog #2 took a .308 168 gr in the ribs. Dog #3 took a 168 gr in the ribs. Two days later the pack was back. Dog #1 took a .22 mag in the shoulder. The survivors never came back. When dogs start chasing deer or cattle they have crossed the line. I see this frequently in SE Okla. The dogs never have a collar either.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 5 feral dogs that chewed thru chain link and dismembered several cats. The cats never had a chance. I am not particularly a cat lover but no animal deserves to die the way the cats did.The dogs came at me jumping up on their hind legs and barking at me agresively. That was a mistake. They then took off. Dog #2 took a .308 168 gr in the ribs. Dog #3 took a 168 gr in the ribs. Two days later the pack was back. Dog #1 took a .22 mag in the shoulder. The survivors never came back. When dogs start chasing deer or cattle they have crossed the line. I see this frequently in SE Okla. The dogs never have a collar either.

Sucks it comes to that but sometimes it's what it takes.
BTW: fixed your username :p

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Iraq (2003), I bet I had to shoot over 100 feral dogs. They were all over a compound we occupied. The one thing you cannot get an 18 year old American do, not feeding the wild dogs.
I love dogs, and I hated to killed them, but the danger of a bite and disease they carry are not worth the risk.
Unless you are going to take them to some sort of rescue organization, I would shoot them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom