Wild hog processing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Siegi's phone number is 918 492 8988 or toll free 877 492 8988. If I was looking for a processor that would butcher wild hogs, I would give em a call to find out.

I called them

$45 per whole hog, have to bring it in Skinned and Gutted. That covers any cutting order you want.
Sausage/summer sausage is an additional $2.25 - $3.25 per lb depending on which style you're after.

If you bring it in Quartered its $5 per Quarter for the processing.

That sounds like a pretty fair price to me.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that says they are not good table fare... well... I disagree with. I'm not going to say they taste exactly like a domestic pig, because the meat is quite different. Feral pigs don't sit in a 3 foot cube all day building fat... like myself. They are nearly constantly on the hoof. The meat is low on calories and fat compared to domestic swine. When cooked properly, I find it excellent. My favorite way is to smoke it, but you have to be careful because it is so low in fat you can dry it out easily. The cuts you get on a wild pig are going to be a bit different as well. You're not going to get a big pork loin the size of your calf. Only thing I ever cut off is the loins and hams, that way I never even have to gut the beast. If I want more meat, I just shoot another one. If someone wants to get one processed, to each his own, but ten minutes with a knife will get you a couple of big hams and a couple of backstraps, the only thing worth taking IMO.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone that says they are not good table fare... well... I disagree with. I'm not going to say they taste exactly like a domestic pig, because the meat is quite different. Feral pigs don't sit in a 3 foot cube all day building fat... like myself. They are nearly constantly on the hoof. The meat is low on calories and fat compared to domestic swine. When cooked properly, I find it excellent. My favorite way is to smoke it, but you have to be careful because it is so low in fat you can dry it out easily. The cuts you get on a wild pig are going to be a bit different as well. You're not going to get a big pork loin the size of your calf. Only thing I ever cut off is the loins and hams, that way I never even have to gut the beast. If I want more meat, I just shoot another one. If someone wants to get one processed, to each his own, but ten minutes with a knife will get you a couple of big hams and a couple of backstraps, the only thing worth taking IMO.
Listen to this guy. I cut up hogs like he said. Butt hams and back straps. About 20 minutes a pig.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll eat a boar. Like Bassin said, just because they are big don't mean they're bad either. I have had some that stank to high heaven, but that had nothing to do with their size. I've had some 80 lbers that were rank, and some that were 250 and rank. If I can smell them before I walk up to them, I don't even bother. If you're wanting meat, don't leave the boars lay, they are great.

Latest posts

Top Bottom