Wild story and why we should carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
A guy in another department came back to work today. I hadn’t heard anything about why he was out. He had his arm in a sling so I asked him what happened. He said he got shot and I’m like WHAT?!. He pulled the sling off and peels back the bandage. Sure enough, a fresh hole about 9mm in diameter.
Last Friday he was on I-40 and had a tire start to wobble like it was coming apart. He pulls over to check it out. A car pulls up behind him and he thinks they are there to help. Guy walks up and says ‘give me your wallet. Our guy says he doesn’t have any cash on him. Bad guy pulls a gun so our guy goes to reach for his wallet to give the guy anyway. Bad guy must have thought he was reaching for a gun and fired one shot. The shot passed through not hitting anything in the left shoulder. Talk about lucky. Our guy had his gun in his console but not on his person.
I’ll admit, I got a little emotional seeing a fresh bullet would and talking to a guy that was that close to death or being injured worse that he was.
I was also emotional because this guy is soft spoken, hard working, is the first person to jump in to help, is married, has kids etc.
My eyes got opened a bit…

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You cannot trust anybody you don’t know for any reason under any circumstances.
It’s not as difficult as some may think after you get used to the idea.
It’s just difficult for most to believe that there are people out there hunting others and constantly looking for ways to victimize someone..
In situations of life like this one it’s hard to stay ahead of the predators and they’re plotting because they are good at it and willing to step up and give you a try.
I hate it but this is happening everywhere nowadays.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rule #1: Have a gun.

My father (bless his soul) always carried a gun in his car too. I told him that was great...if an armed encounter were to happen inside the car!

A shootout is a come as you are event. This co-worker of yours is proof of that. Had he had his weapon on his person, things may (or may not) have turned out differently.

You can have a full auto MP5 in your car but it won't help you if the assault occurs curbside. Glad your co-worker is ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom