Will Gun Buster Signs Be Going Up?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VladdDImpaler

Marksman
Reaction score
I also contacted Penn Square Mall and spoke with someone in security who told me that all mall entrances were posted in some way as firearms prohibited.

If that's the case, they need to make their signs bigger or more prominent. My wife and I shop there from time to time and neither of us have ever seen a gun buster sign on the entrances we use.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My church put up gun buster signs the week after the open carry bill was signed. :-(
I'm pretty irked that the place where I exercise one of my first freedoms wants to restrict my first right. Granted, I don't carry in the church building, but that should be my choice; it should not be decided by some sticker. Which also frustrates me: I don't know who decided to put them up. Pastor? Office staff? Some committee without allowing for open discussion among members? :-/

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My church put up gun buster signs the week after the open carry bill was signed. :-(
I'm pretty irked that the place where I exercise one of my first freedoms wants to restrict my first right. Granted, I don't carry in the church building, but that should be my choice; it should not be decided by some sticker. Which also frustrates me: I don't know who decided to put them up. Pastor? Office staff? Some committee without allowing for open discussion among members? :-/

Ask them about it. Present them with the facts, that the people that have been carrying concealed to church for the past 17 years would be the same ones allowed to open carry to church now. Remind them that the little sign won't stop the criminals from bringing firearms in to rob the place. And if all that still fails, maybe see about getting the policy to changed from "no guns" to "no open carry firearms" that would still allow the concealed carry.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe see about getting the policy to changed from "no guns" to "no open carry firearms" that would still allow the concealed carry.
That's a sensible idea. I certainly wouldn't open carry in church, but carrying is MY choice, not some sticker's choice. And it's not like a private business that can set its own rules (ex: "no shirt, no shoes, no service") and I can chose to not patron.

The sticker shows a semi auto, so I could get a revolver. "But the sign says...." :-)

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supposedly, there is a sign company in town doing gangbuster business making no open carry signs. Can't prove it either way. Some 7-11 stores have the gunbuster stickers, some don't. The one in my hood does not. But the LDS book store next to it does.... haven't figured out the mormon thing in my hood yet. Glad OnCue changed their ways from NoClue. I buy beer and snuff at the 7-11 here all the time, but alas, they rebuilt the store a couple years ago and didn't put in a diesel pump! WTF were they thinking, especially out here?!

D

Doc Holiday

That's a sensible idea. I certainly wouldn't open carry in church, but carrying is MY choice, not some sticker's choice. And it's not like a private business that can set its own rules (ex: "no shirt, no shoes, no service") and I can chose to not patron.

The sticker shows a semi auto, so I could get a revolver. "But the sign says...." :-)

I would ignore the whole thing and continue to carry concealed there. For everyone like us, there's going to be someone at that church who is afraid of guns. No need to alienate anybody. Church congregations are made up many different types.

I mean really, no sign is going to stop me from keeping my family's safety at heart. So carry anyway. What if you got your way, and then someone who is anti-gun stopped going to church over this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom