Will new regulations end the OSA, or just turn it into a sewing circle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it would get this far, but even if the government was successful in passing this and shutting down forums/communities they(the communities) would move to the Deep Web like the Silk Road. If you shut one down a dozen more will pop up in its place and you would see a revolution and greater congregation of firearm owners and enthusiast across America(that is one group the bureaucrats do not want to piss off). Of course I don't think that the law would pass constitutional muster in the first place....but like I said, let them try. /post that puts me on a watch list.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seriously doubt it would get this far, but even if the government was successful in passing this and shutting down forums/communities they(the communities) would move to the Deep Web like the Silk Road. If you shut one down a dozen more will pop up in its place and you would see a revolution and greater congregation of firearm owners and enthusiast across America(that is one group the bureaucrats do not want to piss off). Of course I don't think that the law would pass constitutional muster in the first place....but like I said, let them try. /post that puts me on a watch list.

Ask the founder of Silk Road how well that worked out for him (life sentence). The NSA has the DW marked and plotted. It's no defense against the machine.

BTW, congratulations for using the correct terminology (Deep Web). Every time I hear some media bobblehead use the term "Dark Web", I wonder what my turned off PC has to do with anything? :anyone:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ask the founder of Silk Road how well that worked out for him (life sentence). The NSA has the DW marked and plotted. It's no defense against the machine.

BTW, congratulations for using the correct terminology (Deep Web). Every time I hear some media bobblehead use the term "Dark Web", I wonder what my turned off PC has to do with anything? :anyone:

His life sentence(and the trial for that matter) was highly controversial and they got him for a lot more than just founding the site(murder, drug racketeering, hacking, etc.). Not saying they wouldn't try something similar with a gun forum that is disobeying a federal mandate/law, but it is a bit different. Although it is a good example, the deep web drug sites keep popping up more and more. The more the government tries to shut them down the more pop up.

Off topic; have you seen the documentary(Deep Web) about him? It's a very good watch....I thought it was a lot better than the Snowden documentary(Citizenfour). Both are certainly must watch films for everyone.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His life sentence(and the trial for that matter) was highly controversial and they got him for a lot more than just founding the site(murder, drug racketeering, hacking, etc.). Not saying they wouldn't try something similar with a gun forum that is disobeying a federal mandate/law, but it is a bit different. Although it is a good example, the deep web drug sites keep popping up more and more. The more the government tries to shut them down the more pop up.

Off topic; have you seen the documentary(Deep Web) about him? It's a very good watch....I thought it was a lot better than the Snowden documentary(Citizenfour). Both are certainly must watch films for everyone.

IIRC, it's just 20 years in Club Fed, vs. life. :)

I haven't seen that documentary, but I've done a lot of research on the subject.

Latest posts

Top Bottom