Will new regulations end the OSA, or just turn it into a sewing circle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otb4evr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the section about making comments regarding this issue:

DATES
:
The Department of State will
accept comments on this proposed rule
until August 3, 2015.
ADDRESSES
:
Interested parties may
submit comments within 60 days of the
date of publication by one of the
following methods:

Email: DDTCPublicComments@
state.gov
with the subject line, ‘‘ITAR
Amendment-Revisions to Definitions;
Data Transmission and Storage.’’

Internet:
At
www.regulations.gov,
search for this notice by using this rule’s
RIN (1400–AD70).

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Throw out a bogus charge and let them prove their innocence mired in the court system. Destroy their life, destroy their retirement account paying for representation, and loose everything they own.
If convicted, they can appeal which will cost their family's home, retirement, etc.

That's how the court system works anymore.

The absolute and unfortunate truth.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Throw out a bogus charge and let them prove their innocence mired in the court system. Destroy their life, destroy their retirement account paying for representation, and loose everything they own.
If convicted, they can appeal which will cost their family's home, retirement, etc.

That's how the court system works anymore.

100%.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA will be on this regulation like stink on poop! Gross violation of the 1st amendment. State Dept can't regulate away a right; especially if the regulation is created in an effort to enforce a treaty that hasn't even been ratified yet. Even if the treaty does get ratified (seems unlikely) that treaty doesn't trump the BOR.

But if it does one wonders if CW will decide that we're no longer in that in between awkward time.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The NRA will be on this regulation like stink on poop! Gross violation of the 1st amendment. State Dept can't regulate away a right; especially if the regulation is created in an effort to enforce a treaty that hasn't even been ratified yet. Even if the treaty does get ratified (seems unlikely) that treaty doesn't trump the BOR.

But if it does one wonders if CW will decide that we're no longer in that in between awkward time.

Yep. Now is the time for a little added support of the NRA if you can afford it.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SAF has done far more for us lately in the courts than the NRA. Remember to donate to them as well. Alan Gura is 2-0 in the Supreme Court, and those rulings were Heller and McDonald.

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you consider this thread about the government trying to control our speech, along with this thread" https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?215558-Gun-restriction-upheld-as-SCOTUS-rejects-case " about the government trying to control what we do in our own homes, as far as the storage of our personal property, I think the time is very short before the government tries to control EVERYTHING we say and do. It is getting easier to recognize the water is getting hot, just hope enough people feel the heat rising before it's too late to jump.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I wrote to my Rep. and Senators:

Mr. XXXX -

I'm very concerned about the State Departments proposal to redefine and regulate "Technical Data" under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Technical data are blueprints, drawings, photographs, plans, instructions or documentation. Some State Department officials now insist that anything published online in a generally-accessible location has essentially been "exported," as it would be accessible to foreign nationals both in the U.S. and overseas. This type of regulation would be devastating for the many gun enthusiast who share detailed technical information and pictures on gun forums; auction sites that sell firearms because pictures are provided; online retailers that provide schematics for ordering replacement parts; and video sites such as YouTube that provide content on gun repair.

I believe this proposed rule change by the State Department, published in the Federal Register on June 3rd, is yet another attempt by the current Administration to institute a form of gun control. One of the reasons I voted for you was because of your stance on the 2nd Amendment. I hope you will take action to prevent this rulemaking by the State Department.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I wrote to my Rep. and Senators:

Mr. XXXX -

I'm very concerned about the State Departments proposal to redefine and regulate "Technical Data" under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Technical data are blueprints, drawings, photographs, plans, instructions or documentation. Some State Department officials now insist that anything published online in a generally-accessible location has essentially been "exported," as it would be accessible to foreign nationals both in the U.S. and overseas. This type of regulation would be devastating for the many gun enthusiast who share detailed technical information and pictures on gun forums; auction sites that sell firearms because pictures are provided; online retailers that provide schematics for ordering replacement parts; and video sites such as YouTube that provide content on gun repair.

I believe this proposed rule change by the State Department, published in the Federal Register on June 3rd, is yet another attempt by the current Administration to institute a form of gun control. One of the reasons I voted for you was because of your stance on the 2nd Amendment. I hope you will take action to prevent this rulemaking by the State Department.

Good response!

Latest posts

Top Bottom