Win Mod 190 .22L& LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a chance to pick one of these up in pretty decent shape.

Anyone shot or played around with one? Value at 90%?? All I really know is that it is tube fed.

EDIT: Produced from 1974 to 1980.

Last edited:

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 190 I purchased from a pawnshop in 2007. I paid $85.00 for it out the door. I searched the net for reviews and some were good, some not so good. Mine has been 100% and groups good. I had a scope on it but took it off & put on my Henry. I think it holds 15 in the tube & it'll put'em all in a group a little bigger than a quarter @ 25yds. I thought I saved the target but I'm not able to find it. The 190 is the first rifle under the pistols.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one....pretty darn accurate. Trigger is not the best in my opinion...different pull....heavier than my Marlins. Definitely nothing like my Remy 597s.
The one I have belonged to the father of a good friend. Thins is pristine. The man babied his guns.
They're solid guns that'll shoot straight and for sure hit whatever critter you're aiming at.

What are they trying to get for it?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a boat-load of better inexpensive .22's out there. Having said that, if you can get past the trigger, it'll hit what you point it at.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one....pretty darn accurate. Trigger is not the best in my opinion...different pull....heavier than my Marlins. Definitely nothing like my Remy 597s.
The one I have belonged to the father of a good friend. Thins is pristine. The man babied his guns.
They're solid guns that'll shoot straight and for sure hit whatever critter you're aiming at.

What are they trying to get for it?

$150. mind you, I have not seen the gun, I'm supposed to look at it Friday. I have a feeling I would offer $100/125 and not feel bad if I schleped it home. There is one at Kings Pawn in Del City for $199. It looks bulky...

There are a boat-load of better inexpensive .22's out there. Having said that, if you can get past the trigger, it'll hit what you point it at.

true and I have quite a few. I just thought adding another .22 to the collection that is not produced anymore would fit in nicely.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 190 I purchased from a pawnshop in 2007. I paid $85.00 for it out the door. I searched the net for reviews and some were good, some not so good. Mine has been 100% and groups good. I had a scope on it but took it off & put on my Henry. I think it holds 15 in the tube & it'll put'em all in a group a little bigger than a quarter @ 25yds. I thought I saved the target but I'm not able to find it. The 190 is the first rifle under the pistols.

thanks for the info. Looks like we had a few of the same guns....marlin 60, rough rider 22, a couple Ruger mkII/III, looks like a walther there...

sadly, mine are all lost at sea...what is the second rifle from the left (the one with the bolt open) stock is shiny like a new car!

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the info. Looks like we had a few of the same guns....marlin 60, rough rider 22, a couple Ruger mkII/III, looks like a walther there...

sadly, mine are all lost at sea...what is the second rifle from the left (the one with the bolt open) stock is shiny like a new car!

To tell the truth, I don't know. I bought it from a friend of mine for $25.00. He came by one evening needing some gas money to get to work. Pulled it out of his truck and asked if I'd give $25.00 for it. I said sure, but it's worth more than that. He said he just needed some gas money so we were both happy. From what I can tell by doing some investigating online it's a Winchester Model 67. There's no ser# or Mod# anywhere I can find. It's a little rough though. The stock is/was cracked and someone pinned it & glued it back in place. The trigger guard is home made from a spoon handle. If I had better eyes it'd be a great shooter. I use it for pest control close to the house. A 22short is quieter than a BB gun.

RustyW

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like 22's as you can probably tell. I also like variety. I'd compare the Marlin 60 to the Win 190 giving the nod to the Marlin. The trigger feels a little better on the Marlin & it's more of a sentimental thing for me. My Mom bought the Marlin for my 13th birthday present in 1984. If I was looking for a budget 22, I'd take a look at the Savage's. I bought 1 for my girlfriend a couple years ago & she loves it. It's a MkII w/accutrigger. The bolt action doesn't eat ammo like a semi, although she is pretty quick w/the bolt. It's the 2nd one up from the bottom. The bottom 22 is a Marlin. Sorry for the fuzzy pics. My skills are somewhat lacking.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To tell the truth, I don't know. I bought it from a friend of mine for $25.00. He came by one evening needing some gas money to get to work. Pulled it out of his truck and asked if I'd give $25.00 for it. I said sure, but it's worth more than that. He said he just needed some gas money so we were both happy. From what I can tell by doing some investigating online it's a Winchester Model 67. There's no ser# or Mod# anywhere I can find. It's a little rough though. The stock is/was cracked and someone pinned it & glued it back in place. The trigger guard is home made from a spoon handle. If I had better eyes it'd be a great shooter. I use it for pest control close to the house. A 22short is quieter than a BB gun.

Indeed, that looks very much like a Model 67 Winchester. You'll find no serial number on it, but the Model number should be on the barrel. I have one not 10 feet from where I'm sitting right now. It was my Grandpa's and was the first rifle I ever shot. I can't even begin to tell you how many squirrels, rabbits and quail I took with that little rifle. Early on, all I could afford was .22 shorts and, trust me, they are more than adequate for small game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom