Winchester Model 94 Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsilva

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've inherited a Winchester Model 94 from my grandfather with a serial number putting it's manufacture date at 1906. I've stripped it down and cleaned it and it looks to be fine mechanically speaking. Looks wise it's a little rough, but that just adds to the history for me. My first question is concerning ammo. Aside from online, is there any place in the city I can get some .32 WS? I've checked Academy, but they don't carry it. It's about $25 online with $10 or more to ship.
My second question concerns the magazine tube. When I stripped the gun down to clean it there were two wooden plugs in the tube. Is there a purpose for these?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got my last box at H&H a few years ago. My old 32 is now a wallhanger, all pitted, cant get a group.

As for the plugs, im not sure why they are there. Mine doesnt have them. May be like a shotgun plug to limit capacity.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on the inheritance. As far as .32 Winchester Special ammo, it has been relegated to one of those "old school" calibers so it won't be commonly available. It's not close to you but there's a pawnshop in Pryor that I would almost guarantee has it in stock. He keeps a lot of cool old calibers on hand.

bsilva

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, Pryor would be a bit of a drive for me. I'll give H&H a call today to see what they have. I did find an interesting site online called Buffalo Arms Co. that specializes in older firearms. The prices were cheaper than other well known sites, but their shipping charges weren't all that clear. As far as the plugs go, I was thinking maybe my grandpa threw them in there because the magazine spring had lost its tension over the years???

Anyhow, thinks for the responses. I can't wait to go shoot this thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom