Witnessed open carry at the Lowes in Yukon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was a Lowes picking up some grout sealer and saw a man open carrying with a full sized railed 1911 in a leather slide holster, where you can see 80% or so of the pistol. I noticed because I tend to. Was no badge in sight and guy was in jeans and tucked in shirt. Nobody was acting weird about it other customers or employees. Probably wouldn't have done them any good because he was big enough to "go bear hunting with a switch" so to speak.

Anyway just wanted to say Good Job to whomever it was for exercising our rights.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was a Lowes picking up some grout sealer and saw a man open carrying with a full sized railed 1911 in a leather slide holster, where you can see 80% or so of the pistol. I noticed because I tend to. Was no badge in sight and guy was in jeans and tucked in shirt. Nobody was acting weird about it other customers or employees. Probably wouldn't have done them any good because he was big enough to "go bear hunting with a switch" so to speak.

Anyway just wanted to say Good Job to whomever it was for exercising our rights.

"go bear hunting with a switch", must a been a big'n

There was a time that my mother told me that as a VERY young kid that I disappeared at some kind of state or national park. (Can't remember which one.) They had a lot of folks out looking for me because there were supposed to be some bottomless(?) pits (or whatever). When they finally found me, they asked what I had been doing.

I showed them my little rubber knife and said I was out hunting bears.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen any open carry. I did see a concealed carry (small of back) peeking out at a Wal-Mart one time. It was a thrill! I felt like I won something!

Latest posts

Top Bottom