Woman dies drinking a half gallon water in 20 minutes, keep up the electrolytes in summer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard of people expiring from too much water intake, but never from drinking just 2 quarts. That's nutz.

When I've been outside working in the heat I'll drink a couple of pints of cold water in less than 2 minutes. I keep a mason jar in the cabinet so I know almost exactly how much it is, and when it's really hot I'll drink more than that. She clearly had something else going on.

That's just an awful shame. She was a pretty lady. I feel terrible for her family. What a tragedy.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to one of my nieces, who IS a real Doctor, its more common that you hear about, however other factors like diet and medications could have been one of the contributing factory in this woman's death.

Also a young man died at FB practice back in 2014 along this same issue.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgi...=DOUGLASVILLE, Ga.,in a hospital in Marietta.

Interesting. Maybe I'm a weirdo but if it is hot and I'm outside sweating I will crave salt just as much as I will "crave" something to drink. When we baled hay there was a couple of huge ice chests in the back of the truck. And a several of containers of Morton's Iodized Salt. We would literally eat a handful of salt, wash it down with beer and then wash that down with water. None of us ever got sick but damned were we tired by the end of the day.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember the story completely, but I recall some guy died in a "water drinking contest" for a radio station to win a video game console or something. I'll see if I can find the article.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. Maybe I'm a weirdo but if it is hot and I'm outside sweating I will crave salt just as much as I will "crave" something to drink. When we baled hay there was a couple of huge ice chests in the back of the truck. And a several of containers of Morton's Iodized Salt. We would literally eat a handful of salt, wash it down with beer and then wash that down with water. None of us ever got sick but damned were we tired by the end of the day.
Yuk! That sounds like a awful combination!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember kiddies, only take a couple of these an hour to kill 'ya!
1691100641134.png

Route-44's

Latest posts

Top Bottom