Woman dies drinking a half gallon water in 20 minutes, keep up the electrolytes in summer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always pack sliced watermelon in the cooler and keep salt on hand. It's perfect for me, salt, high water content, sugar and amino acids that lower blood pressure. Still drink water, but after 5 or 6 pints, I start to fade. Ice cold beer at the end of the day.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always pack sliced watermelon in the cooler and keep salt on hand. It's perfect for me, salt, high water content, sugar and amino acids that lower blood pressure. Still drink water, but after 5 or 6 pints, I start to fade. Ice cold beer at the end of the day.

That sounds good.

When it’s hot like this my favorite cool treat is a cup of crushed ice, salted and a couple of limes squeezed over it. Fixes ya right up.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds good.

When it’s hot like this my favorite cool treat is a cup of crushed ice, salted and a couple of limes squeezed over it. Fixes ya right up.
I forgotten all about that kind of treat. I have some friends down by Hugo, and they would do the same thing except with lemons. And I think they called it a salty dog.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to drink a fatal amount of Gatorade or do the electrolytes save you?
I would certainly think so if you take it to an extreme, and no amount of water or Gatorade will save you from heat stroke or exhaustion if you over do it in the heat.

Gatorade when used correctly extends stamina. I only drink it if I'm sweating really good. Plain water is far better unless extended exertion is involved. I always drink 2 parts water at least to 1 part Gatorade. ETA: I do this by mixing water and Gatorade in equal parts and drink that. The next time I drink it's water.

Electrolytes will jack your kidneys hard if overdone. If you have any renal failure you need to steer clear or know exactly what you're doing with all the sports drinks.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would certainly think so if you take it to an extreme, and no amount of water or Gatorade will save you from heat stroke or exhaustion if you over do it in the heat.

Gatorade when used correctly extends stamina. I only drink it if I'm sweating really good. Plain water is far better unless extended exertion is involved. I always drink 2 parts water at least to 1 part Gatorade. ETA: I do this by mixing water and Gatorade in equal parts and drink that. The next time I drink it's water.

Electrolytes will jack your kidneys hard if overdone. If you have any renal failure you need to steer clear or know exactly what you're doing with all the sports drinks.
Boy that's the truth. I overdid it one afternoon when I was in my mid-40s. Damn near wound up in the hospital. And I knew I was in trouble because I stopped sweating. The SECOND I figured out I wasn't sweating I stopped what I was doing, went in the house, drank a half/half gatorade/H2O and stripped and stuck my ass in the shower. Started out lukewarm (according to the boyfriend) but it felt ice cold. Before I got out I WAS standing in cold water. Even after that my temp was still enough over normal we put ice packs under my arms, behind my neck and in between my legs and turned a box fan on at the foot of the bed. In all honesty, I probably should have gone to the ER ... But wudda shudda cudda ... 🤷

It took me a couple of years before I could stand being outside for any length when temps were over 80F. And I don't go anywhere without having a drink with me and I'm always careful to hydrate every day. Even to this day. I really ****ed myself over good that afternoon. All because I was tired of listening to my deadbeat boyfriend ***** and I wanted to get it done. Sheesh ... I was really have not been the sharpest tool in the shed at times ... I will have to say that he must have felt really guilty -- or was afraid he was gonna deal with the cops when I died lol -- cuz I absolutely refused to go to the hospital and I think he was half afraid I was gonna croak in him because he sat up all night watching me to make sure I was breathing. And the sorry bastard woke me up every couple of hours to take my temp. I swear he used to just sit around and think of ways to piss me off. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom