Wool Clothing......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't wear wool, too heavy. I use a few layers of those modern wonder-fabrics. I like the stuff from Mountain Hardwear better than Under Armour, but I do have a lot of UA stuff just the same. I spent deer season here, and elk season in northern Arizona wearing only 3 thin layers and flannel lined pants the whole time, and aside from my gigantic, radar dish-sized ears, never even got chilly.

I would like to have a big wool parka just in case it ever gets brutally cold and nasty out, but as of yet, I've never been out where I thought I needed one.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't wear wool, too heavy. I use a few layers of those modern wonder-fabrics. I like the stuff from Mountain Hardwear better than Under Armour, but I do have a lot of UA stuff just the same. I spent deer season here, and elk season in northern Arizona wearing only 3 thin layers and flannel lined pants the whole time, and aside from my gigantic, radar dish-sized ears, never even got chilly.

I would like to have a big wool parka just in case it ever gets brutally cold and nasty out, but as of yet, I've never been out where I thought I needed one.

There are tons of wool base layers around in a variety of different weights. Wool is not heavy, just like any other type of fabric, it's the thickness of the finished material that determines the weight.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear a berber fleece vest with windshear from Cabela's most all winter. I ALWAYS wear it hunting in the winter be it 20 above and -20 below. The coat and pants must be an incredible set. Definitely worth the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom