Would you stop and help…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
….yourself to a couple handfuls?

Armored truck scatters cash on freeway

F3BB03DC-DC13-4B5D-BBF6-3347F3EF25E0.jpeg

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/19/us/san-diego-armored-truck-cash-freeway/index.html

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. I might stop and try to pick some up, but to give it back to the truck crew. I imagine they would lose their jobs over it.
I did something similar (lol, on a smaller scale) several years ago. A trucker hauling several stock trailers had lost a cardboard box of hinge & hitch pins, and they were scattered on the 2-lane highway a few hundred yards back from where he stopped.

I was going the other direction, drove past him (he had just exited the truck), then stopped and gathered them up in the box. Did a U-turn and took 'em back to him.

I'm guessin' he was unsure about my intentions there for a while... :D
___

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. I might stop and try to pick some up, but to give it back to the truck crew. I imagine they would lose their jobs over it.
I would NOT advise that. Keep going down the road, they have enough lookieloos and thieves without having to deal with possible good samaritans.

Seems in the 80's or 90's there was a Brinks that lost a truckload of dimes east of Shawnee on I 40? I heard they are still picking up dimes with metal detectors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom