Wow... No deer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Am I the ONLY one that has been bamboozled by the whitetail kind.
Today is the end of rifle season. I had a very shameful drive home.
I take a friend hunting, give him the shot.
Next, take aim at a nice buck...but wasn't confident of the shot...so I didn't shoot.
Now...the last 8 times...I see none. Well, that is until I leave. Then I see 20,000.

I even had a buck run along side of my truck(75-100yards away)for about 600 yards. I clocked him at a constant 40mph! Then about 8 or 9 does sitting at the end of my road....

I won't even mention the ML season ones!!!!

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't say i was skunked this year as I passed on a couple of small bucks on opening day, but after that it was rough going. Had a couple of does bust me last night as i was getting out of tree stand after legal shooting time. Almost got a nice buck about 7PM with the truck..... He was apparently getting ready to cross the road when I saw him and hit the brakes when he went back to the woods...... Oh well.... Archery is still on and holiday antlerless season......

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't taken a single shot yet and I've hunted Bow, Muzzleloader, and Rifle season. It has just been one of those years. I've seen deer, but they were either too small or I just couldn't get off a decent shot. Last weekend, the wind was blowing the tree so much I couldn't hold the rifle still to take the shot on a great 8 point standing at 75 yards.

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of deer. Killed a 122" 10 point in muzzleloading season, a doe with the crossbow, and two does in rifle season. I saw a nice 8pt Saturday, but I have been holding out for something bigger. I've passed on a lot of nice looking bucks, but they need another year or two to gain some mass.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally skunked this year. Seen one big buck and I been at it since oct1. Sure sucks to hear you dnt get your lease on sept 30. And have to scrape to have a place to even go.

halfrack

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had 24 total deer "sightings" during rifle season.

Buck, 6 does opening day
4 does 2nd day
2 bucks, 2 does Thanksgiving day
1 doe following day
8 does saturday

I was holding out on shooting a doe until sunday evening, did not want to disturb anything just in case Mr. big just was nearby and happened to be watching.

Went out yesterday evening.... Had seen a giant mature doe the evening before and was already daydreaming about how cool I would look in a picture with her laying in front of me. She had shown up every night that I hunted that wheatfield with another mature doe that was a bit smaller than her.

she never showed up, and neither did anything else for that matter.

I think I must have somehow spooked them off the wheat the night before when I left my blind. It was way dark, and my blind is about 300 yards southeast of where the group was standing (north wind) and I have lots of cover trees protecting me from being spotted while coming or going. I dunno

So, its out of the blind and back in the climber for me.

packrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a total of seven this season, but did not get a chance to drop the hammer on any of them. Done for the season due to family commitments. Going to get out during archery and ML next year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom