Wyoming Super Tag Trifecta Winner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktricktj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, hopefully the winners didn't just sign up having no avenue of paying for the tags. I thought it was very clear when they announced this that you had to buy the tags after winning. It would really suck it someone who couldn't figure out a way to pay took the opportunity away from someone who could. I know it happens a lot but it still sucks.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 - this would be my trifecta pick too. I'd have to hunt that Bison with a Sharps.

Oh yeah, that would be awesome! If I ever got a chance to hunt bison I'd really, really want to attempt it with my 1873 Springfield carbine .45-70. Those old black powder Sharps, Springfield's, Henry....have taken more buffs than probably all modern rifle/cartridges combined.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough one as I LOVE archery elk!!! Elk, elk and elk :)

Probably go Elk, Bighorn and Wolf (tho there are some huge mule deer up there and they might take the place of wolf)

DNO

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ElkStalkR
I wouldn't mind Oklahoma Wildlife Department charging more to apply for our controlled hunts. A little more skin in the game might help some take it more serious, instead of entering it and then skipping hunt because the day of the week it is or something came up.

I would think with the elk hunts they most certainly could. I know I would pay more to apply for them, but our bull elk hunts are dang near a guaranteed thing too if you are willing to put some effort in. That makes it worth a lot more. Free place to hunt and in some cases dang near a free ODWC provided guide! That ups the ante of a lottery significantly! On the other hand, some of the less desirable deer hunts might be harder to fill if they up'ed the price too much.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ElkStalkR
I wouldn't mind Oklahoma Wildlife Department charging more to apply for our controlled hunts. A little more skin in the game might help some take it more serious, instead of entering it and then skipping hunt because the day of the week it is or something came up.

Exactly! I know two guys that skipped the Elk hunt at the Wichita Mtn hunt because one needed to finish painting the house and the other didn't check with his wife before applying, and she put her foot down and said no.

That was in the once in 10 year draw period. They both still put in.

I know its just me, but I consider the wolf to be vermin, at the same level as a coyote. I wouldn't waste a lifetime tag on one of them.

I chose mountain lion as one of mine as I love hunting with hounds. The 20 some years I ran beagles on rabbits, and got to coon hunt behind hounds once have always been special in my mind.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly! I know two guys that skipped the Elk hunt at the Wichita Mtn hunt because one needed to finish painting the house and the other didn't check with his wife before applying, and she put her foot down and said no.

That was in the once in 10 year draw period. They both still put in.
That's awful.

I actually quit a job when I was 22 or 23 so I could go to Wyoming on a deer hunt. And I didn't even kill one. Probably not the brightest thing I've ever done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's awful.

I actually quit a job when I was 22 or 23 so I could go to Wyoming on a deer hunt. And I didn't even kill one. Probably not the brightest thing I've ever done.

I told my 1st Sergeant in the early 70's I'd go AWOL If I got drawn and he wouldn't give me leave.. Would have been a 7800 mile trip, but I'm that serious about getting it some day.

The way it looks, I'll die of old age dreaming about it.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an idea! I know the ODWC has auctioned off a rifle tag for MCAAP in the past, why not do a lottery for one!?!? They could get some $$$$$ out of that! I bet people would easily pay $20-30 a chance to draw a rifle tag for that place!

Latest posts

Top Bottom