Wyoming Super Tag Trifecta Winner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Bear and mountain lion tags are OTC in Wyoming, so you're basically throwing away your super tag opportunity on those. Montana and Idaho are both better states for wolf hunting, and are available OTC there. Elk and deer hunting there is good, but not great, and can certainly be done off the wilderness area. Some of the better units for deer have no wilderness in them at all. The hardest tag in North America to draw is a sheep tag, so I'd have to get that one.

And another thing: You could probably do a bear hunt on your own, but you almost have to have a guide with hounds for mountain lion. I only know of a handful people who have killed them without a guide or dogs. Or you can just take someone from here with you, people from Oklahoma accidentally find more lions than most houndsmen. Or you can take that one chick with you, and she'll find you a jaguar.
Are you saying take a mailman with you if you go mountain lion hunting?

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an idea! I know the ODWC has auctioned off a rifle tag for MCAAP in the past, why not do a lottery for one!?!? They could get some $$$$$ out of that! I bet people would easily pay $20-30 a chance to draw a rifle tag for that place!
I'd think they could auction an elk tag or two as well.

Are you saying take a mailman with you if you go mountain lion hunting?
That, sir, is exactly what I'm saying. Its what I plan on doing.

bencarruthers

New to the site!
Reaction score
Yeah i,m from tulsa and did win the trifecta raffle. I,m going hunt sheep, moose and goat or maybe bison havnt quite decided yet leaning towards goat tho. And yes i do have to pay the tag fees which are guite a bit. but these are some of the hardest tags to draw in the west. I,m not a rich guy and didnt by my win. I only bought 1 chance for sheep, goat, moose,elk,ant,bison,and 1 for the trifecta. I wouldnt pick wolf,lion or bear as these can be bought over the counter. The best goat, moose, and bison areas are nonwilderness and i will hunt without a outfitter. For sheep im not sure yet there are areas i can hunt but a outfiitter would open up alot more. It is pretty exciting to win but very stressful at the same time! Wish me luck! Ben Carruthers

I'd definitely go with the Bighorn Sheep, Moose, and probably deer.

What 3 would you buy?[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Top Bottom