Xd 3.8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own an XD 40 Tactical and I love it, but its a little too big to carry. I was thinking about an XD 40 3.8. Does anyone have any thoughts about the XD 3.8 as a carry gun?

Sam Shoun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's legit for cc... Like anything, it depends on your cover garment, holster, carry position, etc. However as ruckerduck mentioned, the subcompact is a great option. XD ergo's and setup, decent capacity, and it really disappears. I carry mine in summer clothes easily.

OkieDokie1982

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the xd subcompact 40. Very concealable. I assume you are specifically asking about the XDm though.

yes i was asking about the XDm 3.8. I really don't like the full grip on a cc gun.
How is the trigger on your sc? Most sc ive shot have a very long and sometimes heavy trigger pull.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with at the range has one and loves it.

Me? It's an XD: fairly easy to shoot, reliable, etc. but I don't like the way Springfield bills this pistol as 'compact'.

Chopping the barrel might make it look shorter but about the only thing you are really effecting is the muzzle velocity of whatever pill you are launching. They should've kept the top half of the gun a standard length and chopped the grip a bit. Not quite to the point of the sub-compact but enough to make a fair difference.

I believe that a long grip is one of the main difficulties with concealing a handgun. Also, this thing has less barrel and slide to help 'anchor' the gun into place on a persons body.

Ek

el guapo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with at the range has one and loves it.

Me? It's an XD: fairly easy to shoot, reliable, etc. but I don't like the way Springfield bills this pistol as 'compact'.

Chopping the barrel might make it look shorter but about the only thing you are really effecting is the muzzle velocity of whatever pill you are launching. They should've kept the top half of the gun a standard length and chopped the grip a bit. Not quite to the point of the sub-compact but enough to make a fair difference.

I believe that a long grip is one of the main difficulties with concealing a handgun. Also, this thing has less barrel and slide to help 'anchor' the gun into place on a persons body.

Ek

It is compact compared to my XDM40 4.5. It's all relative to the person. I can conceal the 3.8 IWB pretty easily. Plan on trading my XD9sc and some cash for the 3.8. The thought of having a longer barrel and 20 rounds in a concealable is too much for me to pass up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom