XD Compact .45 Owners Be Heard!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is an awesome-looking gun, DG. What did that baby set you back, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm still not sure what MEH means. I'm text-illiterate.

I'm also considering the two-tone Sig P220 Compact. It's more than I have to spend right now, but I love Sigs.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Kimber, and maybe all it needs is a tune from a 'smith, but as of now, it has been less than inspiring as far as reliability. And somehow, after spending the $$$ I did on it, I don't relish the idea of spending hundreds more just to get it to the point my Sig and Glock are. It's better than a "meh" gun, but if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it. I won't sell it either. It's awesome on the range. Will literally one hole from 5-10 yds. But that's pretty much all it is, a fantastic range gun. While it's a fantastic shooter, the reliability keeps me from carrying it... somehow the idea of a 2+ lb single shot .45 just doesn't inspire me.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a 4" XD compact. Came with a 10 round flush fit mag and a 13 round full size (plus I got in on the "free mag" promo, so I have two of each).

A little thick, but dead-nuts reliable, very accurate. It's the one I leave in the car because I know it can take it. Trigger pull is pretty good; not like a nice 1911, but better than most other "combat tupperware". For the price, hard to beat.

freedompawn09

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one two days ago. I am in love with it already. Its rock solid like every XD and straight shooting even with me pulling the trigger. I am a springfield kinda guy, so i may be biased, but there just isnt a gun for the money that can beat it. Its pretty bulky for carry but doable. Is doable a word? I should probably say something about how much better it is than the glock right now......but dont want to go against the grain......... uhh..............XD RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Kimber, and maybe all it needs is a tune from a 'smith, but as of now, it has been less than inspiring as far as reliability. And somehow, after spending the $$$ I did on it, I don't relish the idea of spending hundreds more just to get it to the point my Sig and Glock are. It's better than a "meh" gun, but if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have bought it. I won't sell it either. It's awesome on the range. Will literally one hole from 5-10 yds. But that's pretty much all it is, a fantastic range gun. While it's a fantastic shooter, the reliability keeps me from carrying it... somehow the idea of a 2+ lb single shot .45 just doesn't inspire me.

My sentiments towards my 1911 exactly. :bigeye:

Latest posts

Top Bottom