XD Compact .45 Owners Be Heard!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just looking for your guys/gals impressions of the Springfield XD .45ACP compact in 4-inch and 5-inch.

I'm thinking of selling my Kahr CW45 and picking up an XD.

I know some of you shoot/carry them. What is your overall opinion of the weapon? Would you buy one again if given the opportunity?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad lucked into one with XML light for give away money. It was like brand new. I was hacked off to say the least.

I've shot about 100 rounds through it. It shoots very well and with the mag extensions it feels like a full grip. The grip is a little "fat" but unless you have the hands of a 12 year old girl you should be fine.

It was a 4" BTW.

I'd buy one, but it is a little big for IWB carry. Id rather carry a 1911 (slimmer), but the XD is fun to play with at the range.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the 5" XD 45 Compact.

It conceals fairly well most of the time at about 2:00. A good belt and either wide waistband or heavy pants really help. In some lighter weight jeans, it tends to not hold well to the body. I carry it in a Crossbreed Qwikclip.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I CC my Springfield Armory Ultra Compact. SA is the only non custom 1911 I'd buy. Those darn series 2 kimbers are meh at best.

MEH? I've heard 1911s are a lot like a trophy wife; they really perform and make your friends jealous, but they're high maintenance.

How many rounds does your UC hold?

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the 5" XD 45 Compact.

It conceals fairly well most of the time at about 2:00. A good belt and either wide waistband or heavy pants really help. In some lighter weight jeans, it tends to not hold well to the body. I carry it in a Crossbreed Qwikclip.

Yeah. I REALLY like the looks of the 5-inch model. I would imagine it shoots some pretty tight groups with that long barrel.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah. I REALLY like the looks of the 5-inch model. I would imagine it shoots some pretty tight groups with that long barrel.

The only "bad" thing about the 5" to me was it "forced" me to buy some better jeans... ones that are stitched instead of riveted. The rivets WILL scratch the finish.

No worries though, I find stitched jeans more comfortable, and the slightly higher (read: more durable and welding-induced fire resistant) Wranglers seem to be the stitched ones.

Btw, ever unknowingly caught a pair of new jeans on fire? Not fun. Especially the insulated ones. Almost made me go get the ImpactMax underwear to double as long johns for the cold.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MEH? I've heard 1911s are a lot like a trophy wife; they really perform and make your friends jealous, but they're high maintenance.

How many rounds does your UC hold?

IMO, KIMBER Series 2s are meh. I love 1911s.

It is the standard officer frame so you can get 6 and 7 round mags.

Oh, man. Just checking the SA website. That UC is a sweet piece.

How does the finish hold up in daily carry?

Like a stainless steel gun. Few light scratches here and there, but if I was worried about them they'd polish right out.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_cafba353.jpg

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_Handguns_holster009hc2.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom