Xd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my XD, i have a couple now. It fits me the best of any gun I have owned and I am the most accurate with my XDs of any gun i own.

I have been told that the reason police depts have not bought this line is because they are made in Croticia (sp) and the supply of parts could be in jeopardy via political turmoil. They say that individuals buy guns chosen by police depts and agencies because they believe that if the dept chose them then they must be a good gun. But to my understanding no police dept/ agency has chosen Springfield XD.

Anyway, mine feel good and run good. Mags are about $30 apiece i wish they were cheaper. I don't think you can go wrong with one or with a Glock or a S&W M&P. Good Luck.

I have found one thing i do not like about them as well as glocks. If you use a pointing thumbs grip (i do not know if this is the official name but it is what I call it) instead of overlapping thumbs, and if you are right handed, your weak hand thumb rides on the disassembly lever (more on the subcompact than service model) and it can poke your thumb pretty good on recoil.

Dexcheque

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a couple of XDs, I liked them better than a glock. The XDm is a very nice gun, I had a xdm .45 that was a very nice gun. Just shot my brother's xdm 3.8 in 9mm this afternoon, it shot as well as my sig 229. I don't think one would go wrong by buying one.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are fine guns; but I personally will just stick with Glock.

I'm not going to get one, helping a buddy decide on what he wants. I am happy with the glocks, in fact, really wanting The G36, .45 slimline. Don't need it, just want one. The XD seems very nice and I don't want to steer him away from them, just wanted some owner feed back, or why someone did not buy one.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple. Me and my wife put 5 or 600 rounds a piece through them a couple of weekends ago and had no problems. I saw some people with other big name guns have more than a few problems. No cleaning and we were shooting lead reloads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom