Xd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrd101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a xd9 since Springfield started putting their name on them. It fits my hand perfect and never
had a problem with it. Now both my brothers shoot xd's after shooting mine. Older brother just brought a xd
compact 40 and he's been carrying a Glock 40 as a duty weapon for years
XD's are great pistols just as good as glocks you want go wrong with either

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a couple XD's and really hated them. They didn't feel right in my hand, the recoil or snap was very noticable, had a few malfunctions, and the trigger was not very good out of the box. I moved on to M&P's and haven't looked back. I bought a Glock 22 the other day and still prefer my M&P's. Over 5,000 rounds through my M&P's total and 4 malfunctions due to weak mag spring or dirty mag. 300 rounds through my Glock, no malfunctions. XD's aren't terrible, but I think there are definitely better options out there.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the XD 9 and XD9 Subcompact, and carry the XDM 9mm on duty. All are very accurate and 100% reliable. I still like and shoot Glocks and M&Ps but most people never regret buying an XD. I would stick with the XDM as you can get the caliber and size of your choice with the interchangeable backstraps so you can fit the pistol to your hand (same can be said for Gen 4 Glock and M&P). Hard to make a bad choice from these three pistols, so go with what feels right to you and fits your budget best.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought two XD's (different calibers) in a two week time frame because I was so impressed. Right out the box the guns worked like clock work and they can take a beating. My only regret is not buying the xdm instead. Lol

The only thing is the grip on the XD is a tad thick. As far as recoil, my gf shoots all my full size pistols equally well without noticing any difference and neither do I.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has the full-size XDm and I really enjoy shooting it. It's got great ergonomics, soft to shoot, quick to follow-up, good sights and very balanced. I don't much like they are made in Croatia, but it's a very good gun. I liked it better than my wife's FNP-9.

I might pick up one of the XDs 45s when they get the bugs worked out.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my XD .45 for a few years now and I love it. A buddy of mine got an XDm 40 not too long ago and it shoots fine too. I upgraded my trigger to a Springer Presicion match trigger for S-n-Giggles awhile back, but I didn't mind the trigger it had before. I love my XD and will get another before I get a Glock, but that's just me.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the XD's, even though I currently have an issue with a used 4" I just bought (see my thread "XD Question"). I'm sure I will have that issue resolved quickly and easily. I first bought an XD9SC and immediately fell in love with it ... thus, I bought a 4" as well. It just seemed to be a natural extension of my arm, and came right back to point of aim every time. I own a Glock as well. Right now, I think I would lean toward the XD over the Glock, but I need some more experience and experimentation with both to be certain!

Latest posts

Top Bottom