Xdm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedompawn09

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, right. what i meant was the trigger on the xd's is perfect for me. Compared to other hammerless semi-auto's and hammered pistols from double action. I forgot that its single action. Are all hammerless pistols single action? or is that what makes it smoother than most?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Striker-fired pistols can have their action work in a variety of ways.

As described in the link above, the XD is a single-action; the striker is fully cocked and the trigger simply engages the sear release the striker.

A Glock is neither double- nor single-action. At rest, the striker is at a half-cock. Engaging the trigger completes cocking the striker and then releases it to fire the pistol.

Wall said:
no, the Taurus 24/7 Pro's are Striker Fired & are S/A D/A. I'm sure there are others, that's just the 1'st that came to mind.

The older Taurus 24/7 was a double-action only pistol, wherein the trigger fully cocked the striker and released it all in the trigger pull. To confuse matters even more, newer 24/7 pistols operate as double-action/single-action pistol; the uncocked pistol requires a double-action first pull but the striker is fully cocked after each firing, meaning subsequent shots are single action. So no telling what action one may have if buying used :)

The other stiker-fired pistols (S&W Sigma and M&P, Ruger SR9, Walther P99 and PPS, to name a few) operate using any of the various actons listed above.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older Taurus 24/7 was a double-action only pistol, wherein the trigger fully cocked the striker and released it all in the trigger pull. To confuse matters even more, newer 24/7 pistols operate as double-action/single-action pistol; the uncocked pistol requires a double-action first pull but the striker is fully cocked after each firing, meaning subsequent shots are single action. So no telling what action one may have if buying used :)

Pro vs Non-Pro
all of the 24/7 PRO (newer) models are SA/DA. The older 24/7 non-pro models were DA only.

freedompawn09

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Cards. I love to shoot and play and have for most of my life, but i have never really taken the time to learn all i could about the function and specs. I just bought and shot and sold and bought and shot and so on. That is really interesting about the glock and i have read that xd article like 5 times now. Thats why i really like this site, you guys know ur guns. Thanks again.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been shooting the XDM9 and a G34 in production class IPSC competitions. I really like the look and feel of the XDM as compared to the Glock. The angle of the handle, grip size, serrations, markings, etc are all better than the glocks IMHO. The stock XDM trigger has a shorter take up and a cleaner breaking point than the Glock as well. The biggest drawbacks of the XDM that I have found are the super long trigger reset and the high slide profile. All the good that they put into the stock XDM trigger before it breaks goes out the window after the gun fires. You almost have to completely ler the trigger back all the way out in order to get it to reset. It's nothing a trigger job couldn't fix.
I just had my G34 trigger worked over by Mike at Accurate Iron and it is smooth as silk. It now is light years ahead of the stock glock or xdm trigger and a must have in my opinion. I am now shooting the G34 in competition instead of the XDM. The trigger job is the main reason fir the change but I can really feel a difference with recoil control and/or the time it takes to get the sights back on target with the Glock. I attribute the faster sight aquisition to the shorter slide.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Cards ...Thanks again.

You're Welcome !! :thumbsup:

That's how I learned as well, lots of reading and range time. It's cool to take what you learned reading online, and then go to the range and watch it all work.

Of course, you can't believe everything you read on the internet, but then again we all wouldn't have joined this forum if we didn't think we'd learn something. The wealth of information available here is a great resource.

Now, to keep this on topic, I like Glocks just fine, and respect the weapon's function and reliability, but it doesn't work for me. This is simply a matter of opinion and how comfortable I am with the weapon's grip angle, grip size, and sights.

I purchased an XD as it fit me better, and was available used. I just as well would be happy with an M&P had a found a similar deal on a used one. However I like the XD's:

-Changeable sights
-Grip safety
-Grip angle
-Grip size/thickness

If I were buying new? XDm in 9mm, as I like the match barrel, 20 round capacity, interchangeable backtraps, and most importantly because it suits me best.

You may better with a different fitment.

freedompawn09

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry i got your thread off topic for a couple days doubltapp, but if you ever are in okc let me know. I have a used xdm 40 in stock right now and i would be glad to meet you at a range and let you shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom