XDM9 5.25" Competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and got one of these after I had picked up my 3.8" Compact XDM. Initial impressions of the handgun I am very impressed with the look and finish of it. It fits well in my hand with the backstrap that it comes equipped with, I haven't had the opportunity to mess with the other options yet but at some point I will give an update on them.

Well I took it out to the range and I took my dad out with me since he doesn't get to go often out in CA. He bought the ammo and it was Tula Ammo, first off let me say yea its cheap but you get what you pay for. It locked up the magazines to the point that the ammo would not move up and would eventually jam the gun also. GIANT pain in my @ss. After dumping all the crappy russian ammo down range and barely hitting anything I tossed in 20 rounds of winchester whitebox ammo and took aim at the 100 yard barrier which has a good sized gong in front of it. Every single round fed perfectly and even though I am no top shot, they were all within the giant barrel that houses the gong.

Let me say that overall I love the feel of this gun when it shoots and with the proper ammo the results are awesome. As I said I am not a great shooter, but this gun made me feel like I could improve quickly if I continue to use it every time we head out to the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom