XDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to see one of these.

[Broken External Image]

Springfield Armory XDS Single Stack .45ACP Micro

The new XDS from Springfield Armory. As a single stack, 5+1 45ACP, it is unrivaled for firepower and concealability.
It was a shock to shoot an ultra-compact, tiny, .45ACP pocket pistol and not have it be an unhinged feel to it. The XDS is a truly engineered pistol and extremely manageable.
This little dude is only 4.4 inches tall but feels like a much larger pistol when you shoot it.
This is the first single stack pistol for Springfield in the XD line. If you already carry an XD or an XD(M), the XDS is the perfect backup because the controls are the same.

The Springfield bay at the range today was one of the most busy. The XDS could be the biggest story of SHOT Show 2012.

George shooting the XDS for the first time. Everyone who shot this gun today was amazed at how easy it was to shoot. The .45ACP is sharp in a 29 ounce gun, but nowhere near unmanageable, and of no real hindrance to follow up shots.
The only thing missing from the XDS is the striker cocked indicator. It has a fiber optic front sight, and it is one inch thick, making it perfectly pocketable. I havne’t seen what XD gear the XDS will come with, but I hope it is a pocket holster.
Left facing profile.

The XDS is a game changer in the concealed carry market. I am going to try to get them to make one with a heavy, revolver style trigger pull, which I would consider the ultimate pocket pistol ever created. Stay tuned. This is not the last you will see of the XDS on the GunsAmerica Blog!

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to hold one yesterday at SHOT. It looks like a hit to me. I visited with Rob Leatham about. He said recoil was stout, but not intolerable and the best best thing...it runs like a champ. He had ran 400 rounds through the one I was looking at the day before.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got to hold one yesterday at SHOT. It looks like a hit to me. I visited with Rob Leatham about. He said recoil was stout, but not intolerable and the best best thing...it runs like a champ. He had ran 400 rounds through the one I was looking at the day before.

Ever hear a price at the show?

I am very excited about it. I think SA has a gamechanger for sure. What will be Glocks response??...nothing ofcourse

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom