You guys should quit ragging on the MAN Alex Jones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have folks so busy looking at the little picture that they miss the big picture.

Unfortunately, an overwhelming majority of Americans don't look at any picture; the government (through a complicit media) tells them what is in the picture, and they nod their heads and parrot the bullsh*t. At least with the "conspiracy nuts", they're trying to figure out the truth when things don't pass the smell test, even if they do sometimes get sidetracked by one of the profiteers.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked that book out on Amazon BB...looks good. One great quote from the preview:

"The internet is chaotic. It is filled with conspiracy theories propagated by Fear Mongers that profit from spreading that fear."

But of course he then goes on to spread a different brand of that fear....LOL

:rollingla Yep. It's been a long, long time since I bought a book that didn't related to some skill I was trying to master. The "chicken little" books, as I call them, just don't interest me. Never have really, but GC enjoys reading them so we have several laying around here. This one I bought because he got my attention and I have to admit he does have a different way of looking at things. I don't like his lists, he didn't proofread like he should have, he doesn't have a bibliography to reference where he got all his information, so take it with a grain of salt ... But, it is a different way of looking at things.

The take-aways from his essay (which is all it really was, in the end) are don't isolate yourself, master skills, aquire equipment you can use and don't get so focused on what the media is trying to sell you that you miss the obvious ... And after you do all this be prepared to lose most of your family, friends, acquaintances, etc. because 99% of us are all gonna die anyway ...

That's pretty much my philosophy on all this prepping stuff anyhow ... You can only do and learn and network so much and then it comes down to plain old Lady Luck and what God has in store for you ... Nothing you can do about that ... So ... as I've said before, you do what you can and leave the rest to God.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are Drudge, Mancow, Beck, Brietbart, Lewis all bat s**t crazy too??

Who are these people? If I hold the antenna just right and wrap foil around it I only pick up one channel on my tv. That's the OPW channel. Yep, the Obama Praise & Worship Channel. I think the only reason we get it is because of all the Palin haters up here. It's their idea of pushing those people on the edge over the edge. Cabin fever, 24 hours of darkness, temp well below zero, those are fertile grounds for feeble minds already teetering on the toter.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who are these people? If I hold the antenna just right and wrap foil around it I only pick up one channel on my tv. That's the OPW channel. Yep, the Obama Praise & Worship Channel. I think the only reason we get it is because of all the Palin haters up here. It's their idea of pushing those people on the edge over the edge. Cabin fever, 24 hours of darkness, temp well below zero, those are fertile grounds for feeble minds already teetering on the toter.

Is that real?? I swear to you I've never understood folks who say they have cabin fever. I mean, really, what's wrong with staying home?? It's not like there's not plenty to do here. :scratch: :scratch: Even without OKShooters or a television I could entertain myself just fine and NEVER leave the house ... Really ... In fact I didn't even own a television until I had kids and someone (by bat-**** crazy sister, I think) bought one and hooked it up for the boys while I was at work because she thought they were deprived ... :rolleyes2

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, an overwhelming majority of Americans don't look at any picture; the government (through a complicit media) tells them what is in the picture, and they nod their heads and parrot the bullsh*t. At least with the "conspiracy nuts", they're trying to figure out the truth when things don't pass the smell test, even if they do sometimes get sidetracked by one of the profiteers.

Sometimes get sidetracked by one of the profiteers? That's an understatement. Usually the sum total of their "proof" is Alex Jones (or someone else selling coffee mugs and books) or a youtube video.

That's pretty much my philosophy on all this prepping stuff anyhow ... You can only do and learn and network so much and then it comes down to plain old Lady Luck and what God has in store for you ... Nothing you can do about that ... So ... as I've said before, you do what you can and leave the rest to God.

That's a sane way to do it...and enjoy life in the meantime.

Whenever someone tries to tell me a specific when and what, I guard my wallet. The best I can do is keep some things handy to keep us clean, warm, dry, fed, and safe for a decent amount of time. After that...who knows what will happen, and I can't control it anyway so why sweat it.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that real?? I swear to you I've never understood folks who say they have cabin fever. I mean, really, what's wrong with staying home?? It's not like there's not plenty to do here. :scratch: :scratch: Even without OKShooters or a television I could entertain myself just fine and NEVER leave the house ... Really ... In fact I didn't even own a television until I had kids and someone (by bat-**** crazy sister, I think) bought one and hooked it up for the boys while I was at work because she thought they were deprived ... :rolleyes2

Cabin fever is very real. As you can tell I don't have the best way with words so I think Alaska Chick really hit the nail on the head with her blog post. It's a good read.

http://pioneeroutfitters.com/friday-facts-alaska-winter-blues-cabin-fever/

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cabin fever is very real. As you can tell I don't have the best way with words so I think Alaska Chick really hit the nail on the head with her blog post. It's a good read.

http://pioneeroutfitters.com/friday-facts-alaska-winter-blues-cabin-fever/

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it. One thing I know for sure is that people are really, really different ... I don't EVER get cabin fever but appetite fatigue, which a lot of folks think is not real, is something I struggle with when I'm feeling bad so I don't discount that cabin fever could be a problem for some folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom