You might be a redneck if…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would. It was getting warm. The feeder battery might be a better option. Slows it down and is running cooler
If you ever have to replace the motor, take it down to Britton Electric Motor and I bet they can repair it to run at a lower speed or sell you one that does and will fit.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to get a 6 volt battery for a feeder and see if it runs at half speed
View attachment 410332
Very innovative! But you'll need to attach the watch to the front and not on the side of the drum in order to get the desired winding effect. Just have the watch face horizontal while your rotating it and that oscillating weight will go to work!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Very innovative! But you'll need to attach the watch to the front and not on the side of the drum in order to get the desired winding effect. Just have the watch face horizontal while your rotating it and that oscillating weight will go to work!
Thanks Adam, I now have a pvc ‘T’ on it with two tennis balls to put the watches on. I’ll post up a vid when I get back to work on Monday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom