You Tell 'Em, Ted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's good stuff! I like this part (mainly because I can't stand Eric Holder, lol):

Meanwhile, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. reverts to covering up his ineptitude by trying to disguise it with the race card, the ultimate act of racism. Mr. Holder doesn’t have the dignity or respect for his position to resign. He’s a national embarrassment.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to really like Ted...followed all his hunting stuff, political stuff, and read his book(s).

But after reading/learning more about his draft dodging escapades I kinda tuned him out. I don't hate him or vilify him...I just kinda have a "Really Ted?" kind of attitude about him now. Wrapping yourself in the Red, White and Blue after literally sh$tting yourself in order to get out of military service in a time of war is kinda hinky.

He should probably stick to hunting and shooting topics.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was painful to read. I read it twice and I still don't know what is point was, other than liberals are ruining America. Ted's a bright and articulate guy, and can hold his own in interviews fairly well, but you give him a space in a newspaper and it's:

images2.fanpop.com_images_photos_7400000_Old_Man_Yells_At_Cloud_the_simpsons_7414384_265_199.gif

He needs to let his Byrdland do his talking.

But after reading/learning more about his draft dodging escapades I kinda tuned him out. I don't hate him or vilify him...I just kinda have a "Really Ted?" kind of attitude about him now. Wrapping yourself in the Red, White and Blue after literally sh$tting yourself in order to get out of military service in a time of war is kinda hinky.

I don't defend Ted for anything but his Godlike contributions to hard rock (and his role in making archery popular again), but Ted didn't shithimself to get out of serving; he got a student deferment. The other story was what he told an interviewer from High Times magazine. I lawl that people actually believe a man shat himself for 30 days based on a 40 year old article in a pot magazine...even a guy weird as Ted.

In closing, Ted is a nut and an *******, but he gave us Double Live Gonzo and is therefore beyond reproach.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did he get a student deferment while averaging 300 shows a year. When was he able to go to class? They didn't have internet learnin' back then. He may be a hypocrite, but he's still a rock god.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't defend Ted for anything but his Godlike contributions to hard rock (and his role in making archery popular again), but Ted didn't shithimself to get out of serving; he got a student deferment. The other story was what he told an interviewer from High Times magazine. I lawl that people actually believe a man shat himself for 30 days based on a 40 year old article in a pot magazine...even a guy weird as Ted.

Read his selective service form. It jives with his story...40 years ago or not. After his student deferments and a couple of periods of 1-A, he was reclassified as 1-Y in 1969 and he held that until '72, when he was given the new class of 4-F...which is similar to 1-Y.

(1-Y: Registrant available for military service, but qualified only in case of war or national emergency. Usually given to registrants with medical conditions that were limiting but not disabling (examples: high blood pressure, mild muscular or skeletal injuries or disorders, skin disorders, severe allergies, etc.)

http://www.newshounds.us/2007/08/26...ft_dodger_will_hannity_keep_defending_him.php

He is beyond reproach when it comes to being a rock legend, I'll give you that...nothing else.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's no secret to those who read my posts on this board that I don't agree with most of Ted's political stances (except for gun rights), but the logical part of me finds it hard to believe the man lived in his crap-filled pants for a week. C'mon, that's ridiculous.

I bet he dodged service in the same ways most other conservative icons and Republican politicians did, and it didn't require him crapping himself. That is a typical Nugent answer to an interviewer, from High Times magazine no less. Not defending Nuge; I'm defending rationality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom