Your Damn Roads!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, our family is on a 4K mile, or so, road trip currently as a college tour and vacation. Currently in Sapulpa visiting the Inlaws. I know OK has the law about driving only in the right lane and passing in the left lane.

Well, here's a freakin' idea. How about if you require people to drive in the right lane you actually have a quality road surface to drive on? I'd bet if someone actually got a ticket for driving in the fast lane if they weren't passing he could fight the ticket in court stating the section of road he was on caused undue and unnecessary wear and tear on their vehicle while the fast lane was a much higher quality road surface. Anyways, your OK roads suck azz.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, our family is on a 4K mile, or so, road trip currently as a college tour and vacation. Currently in Sapulpa visiting the Inlaws. I know OK has the law about driving only in the right lane and passing in the left lane.

Well, here's a freakin' idea. How about if you require people to drive in the right lane you actually have a quality road surface to drive on? I'd bet if someone actually got a ticket for driving in the fast lane if they weren't passing he could fight the ticket in court stating the section of road he was on caused undue and unnecessary wear and tear on their vehicle while the fast lane was a much higher quality road surface. Anyways, your OK roads suck azz.

There are a few good roads, but many are horrible for sure . . . if they don't need to be fixed they're getting fixed. Seems like road construction is an ongoing ordeal here.

Maybe it'll be done some day . . . :)

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ride in the best lane and get over if someone is passing..................... Easy peasy. Law says slower traffic keep right. If you give up the lane no one will mess with ya.
It is there for the self centered who drive beside someone for 20 miles cause you know , they are the speed auditors.
Between OKC and Shawnee used to be a nightmare until they finally made another lane most of the way.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ride in the best lane and get over if someone is passing..................... Easy peasy.
Yup I spend lots of time on the road each day. I ride in the smoothest lane which is normally the fast lane. If someone is coming up on me. I move over let them by then get back in the lane that is smoothest. Haven't had any issues from the law.

Latest posts

Top Bottom